Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE 8/9 Macy*s Account Change Confirmation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE 8/9 Macy*s Account Change Confirmation

Just got this in the mail today.

Notice they're explicit about combining balances but are somewhat vague on the language concerning "access one credit line" . I called the opt-out and the CSR had to put me on hold to confirm whether limits would be combined. He says they will. Definitely glad I picked up that club account last month.

--------------------------

Update:  oh so I was in the mall today and stopped by Macy's,  ultimately purchasing some jewelry for DW and I - opening a club account (the only account I did not have).  The purchase was around $600 and I was approved for $700. I asked the representative if she could consider me for $5000 and said they would have to do a full credit review which I declined. She then said she could move over my major purchases REMAINING balance to my revolving. I asked why not the full limit but did not  make out what she was saying but not the part that she said I turned out better than I would have when the accounts automatically do the switch on the 21st. So of course I asked to roll over my zero balance special events limit to which she said she cannot move that limit as that account will also be obsolete as of the 21st and although your limits will show you will not be able to access them. 

Bottom line:  i'm not sure if this is a unique case, but it sounds like they are only going to be moving the remaining/ available credit as opposed to the full limit. In my case I missed out on $800 of my major purchases and the full 4000 on my special events since I had a zero balance. 

Just a data point but please let us know if anyone else has had any experience with this transition. 

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
sunkissed
Established Contributor

Re: Macy*s Account Change Confirmation

Thanks for sharing!  I'll be on the lookout for mail from Macy's.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 2 of 28
IaBoy62
Established Contributor

yes, thanks for sharing! Can't wait to have a $7000 Macy's credit line reporting!

Message 3 of 28
mxp114
Valued Contributor

What's unclear is whether they will delete the additional tradelines or just show them as closed or transferred. I hope they remain on the report, otherwise I will lose a significant amount of credit history. And does anyone know if the AmEx now reports as one? If so, I will upgrade the account.

Message 4 of 28
taxi818
Super Contributor

agreed. thanks for the heads up. I also wonder will they add the amex line to that. as i just asked for upgrade a week ago. still waiting. meaning my macy's line will be massive. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 28
MASTERNC
Frequent Contributor

I also received the notice and called, since my AMEX credit line is half my Macy's store account.  Thankfully, my AMEX credit line was increased to a level higher than the two limits combined.  I had not used the AMEX line in a while, so I did not know my line had been increased.  The CSR confirmed it for me.

Message 6 of 28
taxi818
Super Contributor

@MASTERNC wrote:

I also received the notice and called, since my AMEX credit line is half my Macy's store account.  Thankfully, my AMEX credit line was increased to a level higher than the two limits combined.  I had not used the AMEX line in a while, so I did not know my line had been increased.  The CSR confirmed it for me.

Great news. thanks. he did say. the csr already told him they will combine. not close. read it above. no need to worry.

Message 7 of 28
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Just got thru with a chat, CSR confirmed the upcoming change and I also got a CLI out of it! 

Message 8 of 28
althes
Frequent Contributor

will this also happen to bloomingdales.

Message 9 of 28
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Spoke with a supervisor, and she read me the memo outlining the changes:

• After your August statement, your secondary accounts will report with a $0 balance and as closed.
  • Your American Express TL will continue to report as a separate account.
  • The above are global changes and NO exceptions will be made, per the memo.

The end xD

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.