Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*UPDATE* Applying for CSP

tag
jakemod1
Regular Contributor

*UPDATE* Applying for CSP

I am about to open a checking account with Chase, as well as apply for the CSP. Been in the garden since February 28th (when I opened my Chase Freedom and Amex BCE). I just checked my EX Fico and I have a 742. TU Fico is at 746. AAoA is around 3 years. 3 inquiries on EX past 6 months. Salary is $45,000. Overall util is at 15% with only my Discover reporting.

You guys think I have a good shot of getting approved for the CSP?

As always, thank you for your inputs!
Discover IT: $20,5k | Chase Freedom: $5k | CSP: $7k | Amex BCE: $25k | BofA Cash Rewards: $12,4k | Citi DC: $8,4k | Cap1 QS: $6k | Commence: $11k | US Bank Cash+: $8k | Macy's Amex $5k | Kohl's: $3k
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Applying for CSP

Message 2 of 26
broseph23
Regular Contributor

How many inq on EQ? I'm thinking instant approval Smiley Very Happy
Age: 25 | FICO: TU 802, EQ 782, EX 801 | FAKO: TU 778, EX 769 | Garden: 6/2015 | Total History: 7yr 6mo | AAoA: 4yr 2mo | Util: 4%
........24000...............10000.....................6000................7000................500..................5000................18000...............10000
Message 3 of 26
jakemod1
Regular Contributor

Opened the account Jan 24th of this year.
Discover IT: $20,5k | Chase Freedom: $5k | CSP: $7k | Amex BCE: $25k | BofA Cash Rewards: $12,4k | Citi DC: $8,4k | Cap1 QS: $6k | Commence: $11k | US Bank Cash+: $8k | Macy's Amex $5k | Kohl's: $3k
Message 4 of 26
jakemod1
Regular Contributor

Only 1 inquiry on EQ back in February 2012.
Message 5 of 26
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I can't see a problem at all. Maybe you'll even be able to use the same Hp for a CLI onFreedom too!

Good luck and keep us posted.
Message 6 of 26
jakemod1
Regular Contributor

I'm thinking of stopping by today. I got an offer from Chase for $200 after I open a Chase Total Checking and set up direct deposit, which expires in the next few days. I thought, might as well apply for the CSP as well. I'll ask about a CLI on Freedom with same HP.

I'll keep you guys posted. Wish me luck!
Message 7 of 26
manwoot
Frequent Contributor

@jakemod1 wrote:
I'm thinking of stopping by today. I got an offer from Chase for $200 after I open a Chase Total Checking and set up direct deposit, which expires in the next few days. I thought, might as well apply for the CSP as well. I'll ask about a CLI on Freedom with same HP.

I'll keep you guys posted. Wish me luck!

We will but you won't need it!

Message 8 of 26
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@jakemod1 wrote:
I am about to open a checking account with Chase, as well as apply for the CSP. Been in the garden since February 28th (when I opened my Chase Freedom and Amex BCE). I just checked my EX Fico and I have a 742. TU Fico is at 746. AAoA is around 3 years. 3 inquiries on EX past 6 months. Salary is $45,000. Overall util is at 15% with only my Discover reporting.

You guys think I have a good shot of getting approved for the CSP?

As always, thank you for your inputs!

you should be a shoe-in! good luck and let us know how it goes.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 9 of 26
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

If you will apply in the branch anyways make sure you ask for the chase private client offer on the CSP. It's worth a shot to see if they will honor it. Instead of the 40k UR for 3K spend in 3 months, its 50k UR for 2k spend in 3 months. Report back afterwards, we can all learn from your experience!

"Exclusive bonus offer for Chase Private Clients – Enjoy 50,000 bonus points from Chase Sapphire Preferred* after spending $2,000 within 3 months from account opening – that's $625 in travel rewards1"
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.