cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE: *I*, that's right,*I* finally got some luv from BofA!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: *I*, that's right,*I* finally got some luv from BofA!!

Yep! I'd like to get this pair of 5's up to 10!  And, my Discover!

@CreditAble wrote:
Congrats on the pair of 5s.

Now that you are on a roll you can get your pair of 10s game plan in gear. Who said there was a credit crunch?Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 10-15-2008 09:12 AM
Message 21 of 31
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

UpUpUp wrote:

Yep! I'd like to get this pair of 5's up to 10!  And, my Discover!

@CreditAble wrote:
Congrats on the pair of 5s.

Now that you are on a roll you can get your pair of 10s game plan in gear. Who said there was a credit crunch?Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 10-15-2008 09:12 AM

Uh huh..  I'd like a pair of something high, that's for sure.  I'm not sure how I feel about the fact that my two highest limits are with Target Visa (7k) and HSBC (6k).  I feel like a freak.

Smiley Happy

You'll get that pair of 10s in no time!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 22 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

In this economy, I'll take it where I can get it. Seems Target Visa has been good to you.  Sure wish they were so nice with their redcard! 

Got the card a few days ago. I was expecting the black one and then I went to their site and see the cash version is silver. Ahhh...whatever. It's still nice.... hehe.

Got my scorewatch alert this morning. Was afraid to see what the damage would be. Oddly enough, the new account IS reporting and I got a bump to 766 on EQ. Hey...whatever. Works for me! Smiley Wink

Message 23 of 31
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Yahoooie!  Silver is nice, too!

I, on the other hand, did a very silly thing.  I noticed that Amex had 'offers for me'.  So I took the Green card and ran with it.  Heh, I wonder if they'll match my 500 limit on my OTHER Amex (non-BofA...  speaking of which, my Amex = 500, BofA Amex = 5k.  Lovely math.

Target Visa -- what a freak.  I mean, like I said before, how many ppl can say their two highest limits are with Target Visa and HSBC?  Geesh!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 24 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

What? You took the bait!  I sure hope they give you more than $500!

The Target Visa is insane, but in a good way of course. And, now that you have restated it...HSBC...how in the world did you pull this off?

Message 25 of 31
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

UpUpUp wrote:

What? You took the bait!  I sure hope they give you more than $500!

The Target Visa is insane, but in a good way of course. And, now that you have restated it...HSBC...how in the world did you pull this off?

I got an offer in the mail to apply for the HSBC Union Plus Card from my Teacher's Union.  I app'd, and was approved for 1.5k in 1993 (ficos in the low 500s).  It slowly grew from there to 4.6k.  About 6 months ago I asked for a CLI to make it an even 6k and I got it.  Crazy.

I can't WAIT to test my exposure limit w/ the Green card.  If it's 501 I'm going to laugh.

Smiley Happy

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 26 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry I've been so slow at replying lately.

That's some story and some history with HSBC.  Wow!

Can't wait to hear about your testing on the Amex. Hopefully they give you atleast $601. Smiley Wink

Message 27 of 31
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

UpUpUp wrote:

Sorry I've been so slow at replying lately.

That's some story and some history with HSBC.  Wow!

Can't wait to hear about your testing on the Amex. Hopefully they give you atleast $601. Smiley Wink

OH, curiousity got the best of me so I called them.  I specifically said that I was concerned about the limit based on what had recently happened to my Skymiles Amex.  The rep said my pre-set exposure was 5k (say whaaaaaat?)!  I explained I wouldn't be charging 5k a month b/c I'd have a hard time PIF.  He then went on to say that even that wouldn't be a problem because I could choose to pay over time since there was an offer waiting for me.  Uh, no ty ScAmex.

I'm just waiting for the FR from Amex...  tap tap tap tap.

Smiley Happy

Oh, and btw, my 'good' HSBC card is a non-rewards card so it only sees a tiny purchase once every 3 months or so.  Maybe I'll get a nice BT offer from them one of these days.  LOL.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 28 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. Congrats. That's awesome.  It's always nice when they give you more than what you are expecting! Yeah...tell them not to hold their breath on that offer! I can't believe they still offer that option when we all know how much they hate it. It really does seem like a trick.

In any case, that's GREAT news! Good for you.

Message 29 of 31
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Lol..  I believe both of us are saying..

BofA and Amex are only slightly less than purely evil..

Smiley Happy

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.