Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE Mar '17: Chase aggressive AA after consolidation request

tag
nrm
Frequent Contributor

Re: Done with Chase, aggressive AA after consolidation request

Cheer up my friend, and do not put all your eggs in one basket anymore.
Message 21 of 60
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@yfan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
We need a master who you can and can not short message thread. I wasn't aware to not SM them either.

Like we have the consolidated thread for the recon/analyst lines?  That's a really good idea.  Plus a list of what can be done via Chat...

Oz

Problem with that is that it can never really be definitive enough to be useful. It is always a possibility that any lender will take any SM and go do a review. It's possible they won't. Further, it's possible that such review is only done on accounts a computer system flags ahead of time. I'm not sure that we can ever definitively say "such and such lender triggers a manual review if you send them an SM", period.

I agree.   I think it's much more likely that accounts get flagged and then whichever route you go, the same review would happen.    My (strong) expectation would be that when you call, the CSR brings up system X to look at your account, and when you SM, the CSR does exactly the same thing.   So patterns where we see SM works and calling doesn't (or vice versa) are probably just artifacts of different data (including things we don't see such as flag status).

Which is not to say that calling can be better than SM, in that you have more of a chance (perhaps!) to persuade someone to override if that is within their power.   But something like "route to lending/security/kill-the-deadbeat group" is going to be sufficiently hard-coded not to make a difference.

Message 22 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bourgogne wrote:

@OP, very sorry this happened and I don’t want to come off as unsympathetic but honestly are you really surprised at what happened?  I have friends that are bankers and investment advisors and my take from them is they like it simple, clean and no stories.  bt, cash advances, spending patterns out of the norm, are well, out of the norm.  giving someone a charge card when you in the past have had issues seems totally insane to me but the point it they maxed it out and it probably reported – you then started to move lines around to better suit your needs and then wham it came apart – chase soft pulled you, things did not line up to their algorithms and they released on you.  Get a report, drill deep into the sp’s and I am sure you can piece together what happened to you.  I take the term rebuild to its true meaning, start small and build from there.  not to make it about me but I look at my chase experience, FU 3/16 $6K @ 23.24%, CSR 11/16 14K @ 16.24% and a CSP yesterday $21K @ 16.49% and the incremental gains  makes sense to me – I used the game plan from the forum to a T, pay in full, let one card report each month and never use a sm when a csr is available.  If you get the right person, (800) 493-3319 I think they can clean this up for you but for gods sake do not sm them anymore.  Get your reports and inspect the sp’s they did on you first.  Good luck, you can fix this, you just need to connect with the right person and state your case without any story attached – make it nice and simple and let them help you fix it.  finger crossed!

Thanks, and I understand why this happened, that doesn't mean I am not surprised it did happen.  Everything in hindsight is 20/20.  Should I have messaged Chase to move around some limits and close a card, I know now the answer is no.  But think about it this way.  The Cap1 card is paid off and has reported that it's paid off, Chase just got $2,500 from me to pay off another card.  Leaving me with now 2/4 cards with a balance instead of 3/4 cards with a balance.  

Like I said in my original post, I know nothing happens in a vacuum.  With Chase I've had the Freedom card since Nov '14 $3k SL auto CLI to $4k maybe six months later, Marriott since Jan '15 $5k SL, AARP since Aug '15 $4k SL, and most recently the United Jan '16 $15k SL, I then moved $1k to Freedom and $1k to AARP since I'm OCD and wanted them each at $5k, and I did that via SM.  When my wife got her IHG card at $22k SL, we did the same thing, moved $2k via SM to her Freedom card.  Before today I had $28k personal exposure with Chase, $53k if you count my wife's two cards that I'm an AU on.  Take a look at my past scores, trust me, I know that rebuilding is not a race.  

The BTs I did with Chase were back around June/July timeframe.  It seems like I'd do a BT to one card and I'd get three mailers a week from each of my other cards with Chase.  They were happy to take my 3% BTs fee, they could have denied the BTs as they state on the BT page, but they didn't.  I literally just paid Chase over $2500 to bring the AARP card down to zero and contemplated paying off the Marriott card before sending the request.  

First world problems I suppose...

Oz

Message 23 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aduke1122 wrote:
Do you have any other cards with USAA , I know oyou can get a double approval in the same day using the same HP , which in your case you would more than likely be approved for another 5k card . Just a suggestion if you want to try to gain some of your overall credit you lost back

Yeah, I have one other card with USAA, and the Limitless approval was maybe a week ago.  I'm still way OK on credit, this drops me just under $250k, started the day around $265k and I was at $287k before the AMEX AA...

Thanks for the idea, definitely not a bad one if the USAA approval was today and like you said if I need some cushion

Oz

Message 24 of 60
awp317
Frequent Contributor

I haven't read though the whole thread so I apologize if something like this has been stated already. But early on when I was younger and had less credit than I do now (talking 10 years ago) I had two cards with chase one with a 5k limit and one with a 7500 limit. And I had called to combine the two and they did a review and said due to my high utlization she would have to make some changes. Cutting me down from 5k to 3500 and from 7500 to 4000. I told her that the cards are paid off monthly but the UTl is high becuase of my lower limits and that the payments havent been reported yet. She noted that and said they are allowed to soft pull my credit once a month and to leave my bbalances low and to call back in 2 weeks and they could do another soft pull and see if that was true, and if it was I could have my limits restored and the move I want completed. That happened they kept their word and chase has been my best friend ever since. 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 25 of 60
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@OP, very sorry this happened and I don’t want to come off as unsympathetic but honestly are you really surprised at what happened?  I have friends that are bankers and investment advisors and my take from them is they like it simple, clean and no stories.  bt, cash advances, spending patterns out of the norm, are well, out of the norm.  giving someone a charge card when you in the past have had issues seems totally insane to me but the point it they maxed it out and it probably reported – you then started to move lines around to better suit your needs and then wham it came apart – chase soft pulled you, things did not line up to their algorithms and they released on you.  Get a report, drill deep into the sp’s and I am sure you can piece together what happened to you.  I take the term rebuild to its true meaning, start small and build from there.  not to make it about me but I look at my chase experience, FU 3/16 $6K @ 23.24%, CSR 11/16 14K @ 16.24% and a CSP yesterday $21K @ 16.49% and the incremental gains  makes sense to me – I used the game plan from the forum to a T, pay in full, let one card report each month and never use a sm when a csr is available.  If you get the right person, (800) 493-3319 I think they can clean this up for you but for gods sake do not sm them anymore.  Get your reports and inspect the sp’s they did on you first.  Good luck, you can fix this, you just need to connect with the right person and state your case without any story attached – make it nice and simple and let them help you fix it.  finger crossed!

Thanks, and I understand why this happened, that doesn't mean I am not surprised it did happen.  Everything in hindsight is 20/20.  Should I have messaged Chase to move around some limits and close a card, I know now the answer is no.  But think about it this way.  The Cap1 card is paid off and has reported that it's paid off, Chase just got $2,500 from me to pay off another card.  Leaving me with now 2/4 cards with a balance instead of 3/4 cards with a balance.  

Like I said in my original post, I know nothing happens in a vacuum.  With Chase I've had the Freedom card since Nov '14 $3k SL auto CLI to $4k maybe six months later, Marriott since Jan '15 $5k SL, AARP since Aug '15 $4k SL, and most recently the United Jan '16 $15k SL, I then moved $1k to Freedom and $1k to AARP since I'm OCD and wanted them each at $5k, and I did that via SM.  When my wife got her IHG card at $22k SL, we did the same thing, moved $2k via SM to her Freedom card.  Before today I had $28k personal exposure with Chase, $53k if you count my wife's two cards that I'm an AU on.  Take a look at my past scores, trust me, I know that rebuilding is not a race.  

The BTs I did with Chase were back around June/July timeframe.  It seems like I'd do a BT to one card and I'd get three mailers a week from each of my other cards with Chase.  They were happy to take my 3% BTs fee, they could have denied the BTs as they state on the BT page, but they didn't.  I literally just paid Chase over $2500 to bring the AARP card down to zero and contemplated paying off the Marriott card before sending the request.  

Oz

You know what you are doing, this is clear – the problem is none of us know what THEY are doing.  We talk about scores, aaoa, util, etc. but nobody has the exact roadmap of what is happening behind the curtain once the return key is hit.  I crashed and burned in 06 like many others and the divorce was icing on the cake.  I will never do that again.  I step outside of the 2-3 cards everyone else in the world has only because I am points/travel junkie.  I would never au, bt, cash adv, do a large charge or anything outside of charge and pif.  I play it safe, I view credit as a gift and don’t want to mess up my 2rd chance at it ever again.  Call the toll free #, get a good csr or supervisor and get them to fix this.  They can.  I have made nfcu, penfed and chase total partners in my rebuild.  Yesterday I sat across from the banker and told him that I was only getting the csp to churn and to feed the credit line to my other cards and he just laughed as he hit the return key ha-ha.  People want to help, it’s in our nature so call them and get them to help and report back.  You got this.  As a side thought, fck me you have amassed an impressive lineup, well done!

Message 26 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

Oz

You know what you are doing, this is clear – the problem is none of us know what THEY are doing.  We talk about scores, aaoa, util, etc. but nobody has the exact roadmap of what is happening behind the curtain once the return key is hit.  I crashed and burned in 06 like many others and the divorce was icing on the cake.  I will never do that again.  I step outside of the 2-3 cards everyone else in the world has only because I am points/travel junkie.  I would never au, bt, cash adv, do a large charge or anything outside of charge and pif.  I play it safe, I view credit as a gift and don’t want to mess up my 2rd chance at it ever again.  Call the toll free #, get a good csr or supervisor and get them to fix this.  They can.  I have made nfcu, penfed and chase total partners in my rebuild.  Yesterday I sat across from the banker and told him that I was only getting the csp to churn and to feed the credit line to my other cards and he just laughed as he hit the return key ha-ha.  People want to help, it’s in our nature so call them and get them to help and report back.  You got this.  As a side thought, fck me you have amassed an impressive lineup, well done!

Thanks, I'd be in a lot worse shape without these forums, that's an understatement.  You're spot on, we can all speculate about scores, internal scoring, but to add to your statement, I'm not sure even some of the analysts know the whole picture.  With how everything is funneled into a computer and then an output is spit out.  They'll use that excuse a lot, that they can't override a computer, but we don't even know how true that is.  I've had great success with a recon with NFCU twice.  

My rebuild involved defaulted student loans and like yours involved a divorce.  Your last line made me chuckle, thanks again for the encouragement Smiley Happy

Oz

Message 27 of 60
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

Oz

Thanks, I'd be in a lot worse shape without these forums, that's an understatement.  You're spot on, we can all speculate about scores, internal scoring, but to add to your statement, I'm not sure even some of the analysts know the whole picture.  With how everything is funneled into a computer and then an output is spit out.  They'll use that excuse a lot, that they can't override a computer, but we don't even know how true that is.  I've had great success with a recon with NFCU twice.  

My rebuild involved defaulted student loans and like yours involved a divorce.  Your last line made me chuckle, thanks again for the encouragement Smiley Happy

Oz

dude, don't even try and compare meltdowns, I have everyone here beat.  really.  would you please call chase and fix this so I can go back to eating my junk food!  come on

Message 28 of 60
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Chase isn't the only show in town. Atleast not for this kid. Out of all my lenders, they are one of the least used in my portfolio. They could close all my Chase accounts and I wouldn't skip a beat! Sorry to read of your troubles Oz. The good thing is, you have many other lenders that would be glad to have your business.
Message 29 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried the number you posted earlier, they transferred me to someone with Marriott cards who said lending saw my request and was not happy with my revolving balances and instead decreased my limits.  I asked if she was able to see any of the information in the letters they hinted at or someone I could talk to in lending for a possible reconsideration of their decision.  She said she could see the letter had been sent out, but not what was in the letter Smiley Indifferent

Oz

Message 30 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.