Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE: My BofA 1-2-3 Experience

tag
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

UPDATE: My BofA 1-2-3 Experience

This could get lengthy if I put it all in prose, so I'll try to explain using a list of events and conversation points.

I was approved for both AMEX PRG and Delta Gold

I also had a BofA Gold card for 9 years and wanted to PC to 1-2-3.

FIgured I'd get it since I got 2 AMEX cards.

I asked for 123, and CLI increase from $800 

First, CLI hard pull for $2000 thinking I didn't want to push it, it's not AMEX (who offers 3x CL).

Approved.

Then, 1-2-3 conversion request. 

Approved

*This is where it gets weird*

The 1-2-3 card can be 1 of 2 options: Platinum Plus (with limit) or SIgnature card.

I called to find out which I was going to get. 

No one knew the answer. I was told to wait 2-4 weeks.

I asked if the card could be expedited. "Yes. Free of charge in a couple of days."

PHEW! 

No card. I called. "Sorry, you need at least $5k to get Signature card."

"Really? No one told me that or I would've asked for more."

Ugh.

No card. I called. "Sorry, it hasn't been populated, so wait a couple days."

No card. I called. "Sorry, if you want it to be expedited, it's $15 for 2 day, $20 for overnight and $25 for weekend delivery."

Ugh. 

3 weeks later, I call. It's been converted. "We'll overnight it for free."

I got it today - overnight. Yay.

I tried to activate it online. Had to call in because it wanted me to activate my old card ending in xxx7

Called the number to automate the activation.

Success.

Went online to connect checking to cash rewards and see BankAmericard Cash Rewards Platinum Plus - xxx7

My 1-2-3 card actually ends in -xxx4

I call. "Sorry, they weren't supposed to send you that card. Just use the Gold card -xxx7"

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

CSR #2: "So, you're calling about Gold card -xxx5? That's been closed."

-xxx5 was a lost a few years ago. How is that relevant?

"We attached -xxx4 to -xxx5 and it's closed."

WHAT?!?!?!?!

Supervisor: Sorry, it takes a while for the online account to reflect the new account number. -xxx4 is activated. Use it. -xxx5 is irrelevant. 

I go bonkers. Why? Because I'm sick and tired of getting a CSR that contradicts the last CSR. 

I call some other credit card 800-number. 

I explained the above to a supervisor, in much greater detail. I'm firm about how poor the service has been.

Supervisor: "I opened an inquiry so we can review your account in hopes to offer you the Signature card based on information we already have."

"Really?....Hmmmm....

I'll call tomorrow to see if there's actually any documentation. Doubtful.

Just thought I'd share.

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: My BofA 1-2-3 Experience

Sorry to hear it. I'm not surprise they did to you. Last year, they sent me an offer to convert my BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Signature card into 3-2-1 Cash Rewards Visa Signature Card. The letter said" It is nothing going to change"  They sent me 3-2-1Cash rewards Platinum Plus Visa instead of Visa Signature Card.  I called them to convert it back to Visa Signature Card. They told me they couldn't do because because I wasn't qualified for the Visa Signature Card. I just let it go. 

Ron.

Message 2 of 14
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

I actually don't mind having the Platinum Plus because of utilization reasons (though my Delta Gold reports a limit, that should be enough, right?). Of course, we all want what we can't have. I want that SIgnature card. So, either way, I'd be content. Quite frankly, I thought the gesture was kind, but I don't expect much to come of this fiasco.

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 3 of 14
Ron1
Super Contributor

I don't mind to have 3-2-1 Platinum Plus Card and it reports the CL. I don't really want to talk to those credit analyst and they are not very friendly.  They might close your account/CLD any time they want. You had better to have backup card in your wallet. 

Ron.

Message 4 of 14
burnednotice
Established Member

I recently applied and just received the denial letter today -- apparently I was denied for the visa signature card.
I knew I wouldn't qualify for that! I thought there was another version of the card that I apped for .
Is it the Platinum plus? If not, then what exactly is Platinum plus?

Starting Score: (USAA FAKO scores)
ex:579 eq:585 tu:603

Current Score: (7/2012) ex: 585 eq:663 tu:603
(8/2012) ex: 657 eq: 673 tu: 671

Goal Score: 850+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 14
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

@burnednotice wrote:
I recently applied and just received the denial letter today -- apparently I was denied for the visa signature card.
I knew I wouldn't qualify for that! I thought there was another version of the card that I apped for .
Is it the Platinum plus? If not, then what exactly is Platinum plus?

Platinum plus is a lower tier visa.card, that has less.fringe type benefits (concierge,etc) than a visa.signature would. I'm fairly sure that all bofa cards that have a cl less than 5k are issued as plat plus

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 6 of 14
Ron1
Super Contributor

You cannot apply for Platinum Plus Card. They give you Platinum Plus if you don't qualify for Visa Signature Card.  Platinum Plus is just Platinum card. 

Message 7 of 14
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I liked the story.  Went through similar when trying to get my Travel Rewards card even though I was at the branch when I did it.  CSR approved me for the wrong card.  It took awhile and the wrong accounts showed up online (and on my credit reports).  It all worked the way it was supposed to eventually, just took a long time.  Bank of America is slow.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 8 of 14
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Eekkk... This is why I hesitate to do business with BOA.. Although their Accelerated Rewards Amex would look sick in my wallet. ;-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 14
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Eekkk... This is why I hesitate to do business with BOA.. Although their Accelerated Rewards Amex would look sick in my wallet. ;-)

+100 

everytime I think I might want a BoA based card I read a thread like this and the feeling goes away. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.