Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE ON BEST BUY

tag
praise123
Contributor

UPDATE ON BEST BUY

So, I went to BB and was approved for the BB Card.  The store clerk did not recommend the MC for the same reasons many of you suggested here.  The reason I did not wait to use the Citi Diamond Preferred that I am waiting for is because it does not offer cash back opportunities.  BB Reward Zone gives you $5 on every $250 spent, and since I buy there all the time I have $100  in Reward Zone Points that I did not even know that I had.  Also, the purchases total $829 with the IPAD and insurance package, but I plan to pay $500 of that back today.  I expect to have this paid for within the next month.  All of my other CC have a 0 balance so I am managing very well.  My score at the time was about 645.  I am going to garden for real this time so my score can  hopefully climb to 700 by June 2013 which is my goal.

Thanks everyone for your support.  I have to say it feels good to stand at the register and no that you will be approved.  It's a certain level of respect extended to you when you hold these cards, and I am enjoying that respect. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: UPDATE ON BEST BUY

You were approved for the BB store card with a 645 FICO? They must be really loosening up requirements for the card. It used to take a score higher than 720 to get it. I guess CapOne changed the rules? 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@jamesdwi wrote:

You were approved for the BB store card with a 645 FICO? They must be really loosening up requirements for the card. It used to take a score higher than 720 to get it. I guess CapOne changed the rules? 

Really?  Looking at the databases it seems like 640 was around the minimum for the last year and a half or so, though like anything not all 640's were created equally like any other FICO score.  When did the C1 transition happen, thought it was this year?

        
Message 3 of 4
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

I agree with the respect factor! Being responsible, knowing what you owe, how you pay is awesome. Additionally, I am now feeling freedom that I didn't always have in the past. It's a phenom feeling isn't it?

Happy Gardening my friend Smiley Wink

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.