Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

***---UPDATE---*** VISA / DSNB SP me last month

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: VISA / DSNB SP me last month

AR or PRM from the following are part of the Macy's/Bloomingdale's card programs, which would indicate current open accounts (or previous accounts - including jointly) with any of their store, club, or AMEX TLs(or previously issued Visa cards).  For PRM, this may likely indicate any possible pre-screened offer.

EX:

MACY'S

BLOOM/DSNB

AMEX/DSNB

EQ:

Macys/Dsnb

Amexdsnb

Bloomies/Dsnb

VISA Dsnb

All will display the 9111 Duke Blvd (OH) mailing address.

Message 11 of 22
USF813
Frequent Contributor

I was SP by VISA/DSNB on 9/27/13. I'm thinking it's because I was once an AU on a Macy's AMEX and it still shows up on my CR even though i'm no longer an AU. I haven't received anything in the mail. And, I was SP by capital one just 25 days after the HP for my best buy card. Strange...

Message 12 of 22
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Macys and Citi business/personal have always softed Equifax. Although, when I asked for the upgrade to the American Express and the first time I asked for a credit limit increase on the Macy's American Express they checked Experian.

Message 13 of 22
Fresh-Start
Frequent Contributor

Hey everyone! I actually notice the exact same sp on my EQ credit report today as well!  It was from September! I was curious about it, but couldn't figure out.  Glad I saw this post.  I do have a Macys AND Bloomindale credit card, but their SP's show up as that Macys DSNB and Bloomingdale DSNB...so it's wierd.

Message 14 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Fresh-Start wrote:

Hey everyone! I actually notice the exact same sp on my EQ credit report today as well!  It was from September! I was curious about it, but couldn't figure out.  Glad I saw this post.  I do have a Macys AND Bloomindale credit card, but their SP's show up as that Macys DSNB and Bloomingdale DSNB...so it's wierd.

DSNB = Department Stores National Bank, the private label affiliate of Citi.

Message 15 of 22
Fresh-Start
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Fresh-Start wrote:

DSNB = Department Stores National Bank, the private label affiliate of Citi.

Yes, I am aware what DSNB is, I was just curious as to why the SP shows up as DSNB Visa.  I also have the Best Buy card, so maybe  Citi SP'ing because I have  the Best Buy card and they just took those over, ...but it's not a Visa though.  None of my DSNB cards are.  So just trying to figure out what is was for/from.  But oh well..lol

Message 16 of 22
texasman07
Established Contributor

OMG I ALSO have a SP from DSNB VISA and Macys on the same day 09/27/2013!!! I just called today to request and upgrade...Maybe its in the works...They did give me 1000.00$ CLI this month though....

Crossing my fingers for the upgrade...Ive been on a roll lateley

Message 17 of 22
Fresh-Start
Frequent Contributor

@texasman07 wrote:

OMG I ALSO have a SP from DSNB VISA and Macys on the same day 09/27/2013!!! I just called today to request and upgrade...Maybe its in the works...They did give me 1000.00$ CLI this month though....

Crossing my fingers for the upgrade...Ive been on a roll lateley

You called to upgrade to the AMEX? And was the CLI auto? Or did you request it?

Message 18 of 22
zerobacan
Established Contributor

***---UPDATE---**

I got SP again 10/25 for both AR-MACYS/DSNB AR-VISA DSNB 

EQ sas this about AR - 

"Inquiries with these prefixes indicate a periodic review of your credit history by one of your creditors"

Anyhow what up with macys?

Are they preparing to give us big CLI for the shopping season?

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 19 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.