Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED Sent Discover a SM about a CLI

tag
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

UPDATED Sent Discover a SM about a CLI

So i havent had any luck with SP CLIs over the phone. Sent a SM asking for 5k. Hope this works, i will be updating this.

AMEX PRG (NPSL) Lowes (10k) CSP (7.2k) AMEX BCE (6k) Cap1 QS (3.5k) Citi DC (2.6K) BofA (2.5K)M&T Bank visa (2k) Discover iT (1800) Slate (1k)
Future Cards Sallie Mae, US Bank Cash+, Freedom
Goal increase CLs by 20k in 2015
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Sent Discover a SM about a CLI

Good luck! Hope they aren't stingy with you.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking forward to the response!

Message 3 of 6
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

Good luck! Hope they aren't stingy with you.

Thanks. I think Discover knows they have one of the best rewards cards around so they dont need to give out large CL to get swipes. 

AMEX PRG (NPSL) Lowes (10k) CSP (7.2k) AMEX BCE (6k) Cap1 QS (3.5k) Citi DC (2.6K) BofA (2.5K)M&T Bank visa (2k) Discover iT (1800) Slate (1k)
Message 4 of 6
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

Got this back. pretty much useless..

Dear Brian,

Thank you for your message regarding your Discover account. I understand your interest in increasing your credit line, and I will be happy to provide you additional information.

To process a brief application for a permanent credit line increase, please call 1-800-DISCOVER (1-800-347-2683). It usually takes about 24 hours to review credit line increase requests.

You can also submit your request by sending a Secure Message from the Help Center. Simply select "Credit Limit" as the category and "Limit Increase Request" as the subject. Then fill in the requested information. If you prefer, you can request a credit limit increase online by signing into your account and choosing the "Request Credit Increase" option from the "Credit Options" menu.

I appreciate your business and the time you have taken to contact me today. Thank you for choosing to use Discover.

Sincerely,

Heather

We appreciate your feedback. Please Click Here to complete a short survey on your customer service experience today.

DISCOVER, CASHBACK BONUS and the other trademarks, logos and service marks used in this e-mail are the trademarks of Discover Financial Services or their respective third-party owners.

Message 5 of 6
yfan
Valued Contributor

Don't worry about it. Just use the card and eventually your CL will go up. Be patient.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.