Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPromise being sold to Barclays

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

UPromise being sold to Barclays

Friend of mine got a letter saying that his UPromise was being sold to Barclays

UPromise currently offered by BOA. Anyone else got this letter?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Re: UPromise being sold to Barclays

I have a notice in my online banking about this as well.  My card is a partially secured BOA cash rewards.  I'm wondering what will happen with the deposit and if there will be a rewards structure....I just now saw this notice today.  Here is an image of the actual notice I received.

Update:  I just got off the phone with CS and they said that I do not have a Upromise account, that the BOA Cash Rewards is not handled by Upromise and to disregard the notice.

I actually had not heard of Upromise before, so I wasn't sure what that was all about.  He just said that notice was displayed on all Online banking accounts in case some one had a Upromise account.  But he said it would actually say Upromise on the card if it were with them.... Thank God, cos I didn't want to have to jump through any hoops! 

Upromise.GIF

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 2 of 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: UPromise being sold to Barclays

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-06-12/bofa-dropped-by-sallie-mae-as-barclays-wins-upromise-car...

Happened a bit ago for the annoucement, guess they're finally getting around to the transition.

        
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.