Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UR Mall and in store purchases

tag
red259
Super Contributor

UR Mall and in store purchases

I'm trying to figure out how the UR mall works. For example, I can get an extra bonus mile on my purchases at Best Buy. I will be needing to make a purchase there regardless and I would like to obtain this bonus mile. Do I have to make the purchase online or is there a way I can make the purchase in the store or pick buy online and pickup in store, so that I get the bonus miles? Also, I notice CC companies say if you use a discount code then you don't get the bonus miles. I noticed this with both the best buy deal and with the Venture deal on avis (where I would use a costco code for discount). Does anyone have any any experience with getting the discount and the bonus miles at the same time?

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
bluedog1
Regular Contributor

Re: UR Mall and in store purchases

You can buy online via the UR mall link to BB and choose store pickup during checkout. Sometimes there is an issue getting bonus points to post. The best way to prevent this is to know which item you want, clear your browser history and cookies before clicking on the link, then adding the item you want into the empty cart. I haven't used the UR mall for BB but I have for Kohl's. I was able to claim a discount code and get the bonus points too.

Message 2 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

I'm trying to figure out how the UR mall works. For example, I can get an extra bonus mile on my purchases at Best Buy. I will be needing to make a purchase there regardless and I would like to obtain this bonus mile. Do I have to make the purchase online or is there a way I can make the purchase in the store or pick buy online and pickup in store, so that I get the bonus miles? Also, I notice CC companies say if you use a discount code then you don't get the bonus miles. I noticed this with both the best buy deal and with the Venture deal on avis (where I would use a costco code for discount). Does anyone have any any experience with getting the discount and the bonus miles at the same time?

You can select store pick up. You will still get the bonus points just fine. 

Using discount codes does risk invalidating the bonus points/miles. It kinda depends on what code you're using and where you got the code from. Certain codes are specifically given to specific referral sites, so using those codes will nullify any other offers from other referral sites.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 8
Ailee92

Just get an Ink card and buy bestbuy gift cards at staples = less worries + more points

Message 4 of 8
red259
Super Contributor

I'm not applying for anything until Jan. At which time I am trying again for CSP and Ink Bold. Doubt I would be able to get the bold at the moment with lack of revolver history showing.

;
Message 5 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

I honestly do not recommend you get the bold either unless you do have a business or at least manage one. Chase has been reviewing legitimacy of business accounts.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 8
kilj0y
Regular Contributor

As long as you have a business idea and they classify you as a startup when you app with them, your totally fine. Anyways the worse that can happen is they take your bold card and bonus points from you, which leaves you where you were before you got the card, so I see no downside.

Message 7 of 8
red259
Super Contributor

Its a non-issue. I have my own business for the past several years, so I am not concerned about Chase reviewing its legitimacy. If I didn't have my own business then I wouldn't even risk it, because who knows if they might look at your personal accounts as well if they catch you lying about your business.

;
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.