Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UR Points - To Asia

tag
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

UR Points - To Asia

Hello guys, so I have about 100k+ bonus points with Chase and say I want to go to Japan or Korea, what is the airline I should transfer my points to? Thanks!
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Time2letgo
Regular Contributor

Re: UR Points - To Asia

Which Chase cards do you have, depending on the card you most likely will be better off buying the ticket through Chase travel site, you will get more value per point than with transfers since all transfers are 1:1.

Work In Progress:
Current Revolving Personal CL: ~$466K

Current Revolving Business CL: ~$107K

Gardening Until Dec 2019 or Until All Scores are back above 800s

Message 2 of 19
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@TheBoondocks wrote:
Hello guys, so I have about 100k+ bonus points with Chase and say I want to go to Japan or Korea, what is the airline I should transfer my points to? Thanks!

You have a few options and it depends on if you want to go economy or business. Your best bet is one of UA partners to fly to tokyo. If you can find it ANA would be your best choice non stop from either ORD, JFK, IAD, or LAX. Using UAL miles is good because you will have lowish fuel surcharges. If you want to goto Korea UAL to asiana is another option. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Time2letgo wrote:

Which Chase cards do you have, depending on the card you most likely will be better off buying the ticket through Chase travel site, you will get more value per point than with transfers since all transfers are 1:1.

Yes, but that argument doesn't really make sense, as transferred miles don't have a fixed value, such as 1c., and could be worth much more.

Now depending on the trip and cards, buying through the portal might be the best bet, just not for the reason stated!

Message 4 of 19
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

From California, willing to depart from anywhere in Nor Cal or So Cal, I want to go to Japan and SoKorea. Yeah, my dad took Asiana before to Vietnam. But, I'll see what I could do, I just want the cheapest economy, low on surcharge and fees. Thanks!

I have the Reserve for right now but will downgrade to the Unlimited soon.
Message 5 of 19
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@TheBoondocks wrote:
From California, willing to depart from anywhere in Nor Cal or So Cal, I want to go to Japan and SoKorea. Yeah, my dad took Asiana before to Vietnam. But, I'll see what I could do, I just want the cheapest economy, low on surcharge and fees. Thanks!

I have the Reserve for right now but will downgrade to the Unlimited soon.

Just so you know you can't transfer your UR to airline partners after you transfer to FU, only CSR/CSP/CIP can transfer to airline partners. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 6 of 19
MAZDA3
Frequent Contributor

United is going to be your best option for Asiana and ANA redemptions, with United as a third option. Can also transfer to BA Avios, and that gives you AA and JAL as options. I am not an expert on Avios fuel surcharges though.

I would personally transfer to United. The UA award search engine is one of the better ones as far as booking options.

Message 7 of 19
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Thank you, United it is then! No wonder Chase has United cards and SW for the West Coast, make sense lol.
Message 8 of 19
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Definitely transfer the UR points to United miles.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 9 of 19
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

This is what Im seeing from Cali to NRT or ICN. Least amount of points and fuel surcharges.

LAX - NRT/HND  British Airways Avios (AA or JAL Metal) 50K plus $45

LAX - ICN was considerably harder to find Y Availability through BA.

If you can find the space. Its 65K Avios + roughly $50 flying partners.

Otherwise United has LAX- ICN on Asiana for 70K plus $47

Same goes for SFO- ICN You can do United for 70K or Singapore Airlines for 70K.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.