Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Airways Aviator Email

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

US Airways Aviator Email

I just received an email from Barclay's regarding my US Airways Premiere World MasterCard. I read all of this fine print, but can't tell if these new cards will be World MasterCards or not? I assume yes but just curious. Not sure I am big into the design of this card. 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
USF813
Frequent Contributor

Re: US Airways Aviator Email

Does yours indicate you'll be receiving the silver aviator? If so then it probably is premier world provided your limit supports it. Mine said I'm getting the red, which I'm assuming is the non-premier world version. I'll probably call and downgrade to white since I'm not a fan of paying AFs (IHG being the exception).
Message 2 of 17
ddemari
Super Contributor

Currently my card says US Airways Premiere World MasterCard, the email says this....

As part of the integration of US Airways and American Airlines, your current
US Airways Dividend Miles® MasterCard® will be replaced with an AAdvantage®Aviator™ Red MasterCard®.¹ Your new card will arrive between April 1 and July 15, 2015. Until your new AAdvantage® Aviator™ Red MasterCard® arrives, please continue to use your current US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard.

to learn about the benefits and features that will come with your new card.
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want the silver for the first year then will downgrade to red to get my 10k anniv bonus and then white to park the miles if not used by then. Wifes card will likely be downgraded straight to white since it did not have the 10k anniv promo.
Message 4 of 17
SMDLiquid
Regular Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

Currently my card says US Airways Premiere World MasterCard, the email says this....

As part of the integration of US Airways and American Airlines, your current
US Airways Dividend Miles® MasterCard® will be replaced with an AAdvantage®Aviator™ Red MasterCard®.¹ Your new card will arrive between April 1 and July 15, 2015. Until your new AAdvantage® Aviator™ Red MasterCard® arrives, please continue to use your current US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard.

to learn about the benefits and features that will come with your new card.

I thought we had an option on which Aviator card to get?

Chase Freedom | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred AU | Amex EDP AU | Amex SPG | Citi Prestige | Citi AAdvantage Executive | AAdvantage Aviator Red |

FICO: Experian 821 | TransUnion 825 | Equifax 830 | Last App: 08/28/2017
Message 5 of 17
ddemari
Super Contributor

I more than likely will close us airways at the ene of the year and move my limit to arrival + wemc. I am not loving us airways that much and god knows i need to cut out some of my annual fee cards. Also i think u can request the silver card somehow.
Message 6 of 17
WillTeasle
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I want the silver for the first year then will downgrade to red to get my 10k anniv bonus and then white to park the miles if not used by then. Wifes card will likely be downgraded straight to white since it did not have the 10k anniv promo.

I don't fly AA enough to make silver worth it long-term.  However, that Global Entry credit is enticing.  Will be interesting to see if silver is an option for me or if I default to red.  Given the choice, I think I'd take silver for the first year just for GE.

Last HP: 01/10/19 | Latest Scores: EQ FICO8 - 850 | TU FICO8 - 850 | EX FICO8 - 850
Amex BC | Amex HHonors | Amex HHonors Aspire | Amex Marriott Business | Amex Platinum | BoA Alaska Airlines | CF | CFU | CSR | Chase Ink+ | Citi DC | Citi AA UP | Discover IT
Message 7 of 17
ddemari
Super Contributor

Nixon,
What did your email say? Was it the same as mine?
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Red Smiley Indifferent

Message 9 of 17
ddemari
Super Contributor

The global entry on the aviator,
Is it similiar to the travel amenities with the Ritz card? I fly AA more than US airways or united.
So i am kinda happy about the merger. Citi would never approve me for their AA card.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.