Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Airways Dividend Miles?

tag
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

US Airways Dividend Miles?

I flew via US Airways yesterday and they have a promotion that if I apply and get approved I get 40,000 miles. that's equivalent to up to two flights round trip free.  Is this a good card? and it also has an annual fee of 89 dollars.

The only thing that is stopping me is that I have

4 credit cards,

- Juniper with itunes rewards

- Amazon chase

- DCU Visa

- Walmart Discover

I'm an authorize user on the Jetblue Trueblue Card  amex.

Store cards

- Kay Jewelry.

- JB Robinson.

- Home Depot

- Lowes

Becuase I have too many cards on my account i'm hesitating to apply. Should I go ahead and apply for this one as well?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

Re: US Airways Dividend Miles?

would it be a bad idea for me to apply for this card? or should I cancel one of those other store cards and also remove the authorized Jetblue account

Message 2 of 20
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

US Airways is Barclays/Juniper so they may not let you have a second account if your iTunes card is too new...

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 3 of 20
HiLine
Blogger

Is Juniper a Barclays card? It's rare for them to give more than one card to one consumer.

Message 4 of 20
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the info, I opened my juniper account in 08 with a CL of $500.00,  and the CL now is $7,000.00. I have not had to call to get the increase they have been doing it automatic.

I would hate to cancel the juniper card, its one of my oldest card and one of the highest CL.

Message 5 of 20
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

I have 2 cards with Barclays, so you can have more than 1. Think their max is 2, and have Juniper and Amex. To be sure, give them a call, but i don't see where it would be a problem

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 6 of 20
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the info, I just applied today and got approved with a CL of $7,500.00

Message 7 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@KIPPIE12 wrote:

I have 2 cards with Barclays, so you can have more than 1. Think their max is 2, and have Juniper and Amex. To be sure, give them a call, but i don't see where it would be a problem

I have 4 Barclays CCs - so no, their max is not 2 - where did you get such info?

Message 8 of 20
Open123
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@KIPPIE12 wrote:

I have 4 Barclays CCs - so no, their max is not 2 - where did you get such info?

+1

I've got 3 now, and had 4 before closing one.

Message 9 of 20
penguin11
Valued Member

eddmvp, Do you mind share your current fico's to qualify for the US Airway card @ $7500 CL?  Thanks.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.