Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Airways Dividend Miles?

tag
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

Re: US Airways Dividend Miles?

DCU says my fico score is 707(equifax)  and walmarts says its 755 (Transunion).

Message 11 of 20
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Given what's happened today regarding the DOJ, this card may end up surviving longer than originally anticipated. It might be worth another look for those who are interested in US.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 12 of 20
Open123
Super Contributor

Right, throws a monkey wrench into my planned Sept app spree for the Citi AA 50K offer.

Message 13 of 20
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

Right, throws a monkey wrench into my planned Sept app spree for the Citi AA 50K offer.

I wonder if there are any links to the Barclay's offer with the 10k annual bonus? That's worth more than the AF itself.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 14 of 20
Open123
Super Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

I wonder if there are any links to the Barclay's offer with the 10k annual bonus? That's worth more than the AF itself.

This is the one I have and it was earmarked for purging in a couple of weeks, but after today's news, I may hold on to it.  

PS - I assume this will delay US Air's transition into oneworld.

Message 15 of 20
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

This is the one I have and it was earmarked for purging in a couple of weeks, but after today's news, I may hold on to it.  

I'm actually hoping the merger doesn't go through at all. I like US Airways chart because of the best-in-class redemptions on *A from US-AUS.

If the merger does fall apart completely, I may hunt your version down (if it's still available). I'll probably end up slowly expanding my portfolio with cards that have annual bonuses that offset the AF and that I can actually use.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
Message 16 of 20
Open123
Super Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

I'm actually hoping the merger doesn't go through at all. I like US Airways chart because of the best-in-class redemptions on *A from US-AUS.

If the merger does fall apart completely, I may hunt your version down (if it's still available). I'll probably end up slowly expanding my portfolio with cards that have annual bonuses that offset the AF and that I can actually use.

Likewise, if the merger doesn't go through, US Miles are more valuable with Star Alliance, in my view.  

If the merger is allowed to finalize, then the only option I'd have to make up for the lesser oneworld value would be to sign up for Citi AA's 50K bonus to combine them.

Message 17 of 20
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

I know, I had mine on schedule to close in a couple months. I have the 10K bonus offer as well so I guess I keep it and get the bonus. Yes, the Oneworld transition should be on hold now as best as i can tell. I'm not sure I am happy that I hedged bets and have both the AA card and US Air card. No harm done but I was hoping to combine the miles on both cards for an upper class redemption next summer. Same applies to Mrs. scenery_guy as she is holding both AA and US Air cards too. 

Message 18 of 20
Open123
Super Contributor

@scenery_guy wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

I know, I had mine on schedule to close in a couple months. I have the 10K bonus offer as well so I guess I keep it and get the bonus. Yes, the Oneworld transition should be on hold now as best as i can tell. I'm not sure I am happy that I hedged bets and have both the AA card and US Air card. No harm done but I was hoping to combine the miles on both cards for an upper class redemption next summer. Same applies to Mrs. scenery_guy as she is holding both AA and US Air cards too. 

Always prudent to hedge, especially in M&A, when there always exists a high degree of unpredictable regulatory risk.  However, this I didn't see coming, especially since the DOJ didn't raise any objections to the UA/Cont, or the airline mergers before it.

All things being equal, I eschew mergers, and favor a more competitive environment.  This is a time where even with all of it's detractors, I think the DOJ made the right decision.  If consolidation continues unabated in the American airline industry, the consumer will eventually lose from the potential collusion, price fixing, and increased power of labor unions escalating labor costs even higher.

In my estimation, those of us with US Air miles (given some of the best in class redemption to AUS and SE Asia as CreditScholar has alluded to) accrued will benefit more without the merger, especially since whatever we're missing from US Air can readily be filled by UA in the west, and Delta in the east.

Message 19 of 20
penguin11
Valued Member

Approved for the US Airways Premier World Mastercard (40K Bonus) with a 5K CL 2 years 3 months post CH 7 discharge.

Wally score 690; 1% Utilization.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.