cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Airways Premier App under review.. Does that mean I got denied?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Airways Premier App under review.. Does that mean I got denied?

Hi All, Thanks for all the replies in advance! I just applied for a US Airways Premier MC for the dividend miles and at the end of the review process the status said "We need to review your application to make a decision and this may take up to 10 business days". Does this most like mean I got denied? And if so, is there anyone I could talk to? To give you some history about my credit: I had a couple CO's when I was in college from BofA and Cap One. That was 4 years ago. I have 2 collections thru Comcast which are currently in dispute with them, again from 4 years ago. I got a car loan 3 months ago from my bank with a decent rate (6% for used) I have an Amex Card with 5k limit (Open 8 months, never late, 0 balance every month) I have a Wamu card with 3k limit (Open 7 months, never late, 0 balance every month) My TU FICO Score is 680 as of december. Probably a couple points higher by now. Thanks once again!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Airways Premier App under review.. Does that mean I got denied?

anyone?
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Under review does not mean denied.  Is this a Juniper card?  If so chck their app status page.  they have been really putting things under manual review a lot lately.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brammy, Thanks for the reply. Yes, this is a Juni card. I called customer service earlier and spoke to a CS rep who looked at my application and said that it was not Denied but waiting for manual review... so I guess I'll have to wait out the full 10 days before I hear back from them. Do you know the average wait time for hearing back from them? Thanks!
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd give it a few days

Here's the application status page.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the status page.

This site is AWESOME!
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Airways Premier App under review.. [EDIT] I did get denied :( -- Read On

Hi all,

I got denied by Juniper Smiley Sad

So here are the reasons I got denied:

* Time since delinquency is too recent or unknown
* Length of time accounts have been established
* Number of accounts with delinquency

Isn't 2 years enough since my last late payment(when I was in college)

I dont know what the second item means. Ive had my Wamu and Amex for around a year now with no late payments. I also have a car loan but thats only 4 months in.

The third item I take note since these accounts(2) are either in dispute or have been paid off(I have proof of this).

So the real question is, does anyone think I can call them up and ask them if they can reconsider or would my pleas be falling on deaf ears?

Also, in the future would I be blacklisted from trying again? And if not, whats the customary cool-off period?

Thanks in advance for all your help. I wish I knew back in college(I was an idiot) what I know now (thanks to this forum and everyone in it) Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh and in case anyone's wonderin' they pulled both TU and EQ.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone?
Message 9 of 11
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

From what I've *seen*, when you get a decline letter, they usually like to give you THREE REASONS and the 2nd two are usually BS***
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.