Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Alliance 3%

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Alliance 3%

@PullingMeSoftly wrote:

Well at least not for US Alliance...but AOD is proving otherwise and even increasing their marketing promotions.

How long has AOD 3% been around?  I personally don't think it has been nearly long enough to determine if the product is sustainable.  Lots of cards (most FOTM) start out great out of the gate, but standing the test of time is a different story.

Message 11 of 33
Kforce
Valued Contributor

@digitek wrote:

@Kforce wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It is cool that USAlliance decided to extend the 3% though. Maybe they will tweak their formula to make it profitable as well. 

I stopped using it and maybe I was not alone.

A lot of customers with lots of swipes leaving it in the sock drawer !

I had sock drawered this one and was going to wait until over a year to close which had just come up, glad I didn't pull the trigger yet.

Wondering if they will extend it again...

I put just enough spend to get to the reward threshold  (~100).

Was going to redeem rewards, zero and not use for two months.

Scheduled for closing in "April" on my calendar.

Already removed it from sig

Also,  glad I had not pulled the trigger yet.

Message 12 of 33
JamP
Valued Contributor

I received the same email today. Looks like I may use it in April.

Stopped using USAlliance the minute they discontinued the 3%,  but I left my Netflix on it. I really liked the card.

They probably had lots of people close it or quit using it. Here is to hoping they get the point. Wish they would reduce the redemption rate also.

Still using my AOD as my main for non-catagory spend. 

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 13 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@PullingMeSoftly wrote:

Well at least not for US Alliance...but AOD is proving otherwise and even increasing their marketing promotions.

How long has AOD 3% been around?  I personally don't think it has been nearly long enough to determine if the product is sustainable.  Lots of cards (most FOTM) start out great out of the gate, but standing the test of time is a different story.

It's been around since April but the key thing to point out is they are still pushing it hard. They sent out an email to presumably all members (since I got it and already have the card) last month offering $50 for getting the card. It must be doing real well for them if they feel that they can offer a small SUB too. 

Message 14 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right, so it's still in its infancy and current success is not indicative of what can/should be expected on a longer timeline.

Message 15 of 33
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Right, so it's still in its infancy and current success is not indicative of what can/should be expected on a longer timeline.

Good one less applicant to possibly get it nerfed Smiley Happy.  Call me selfish.   If it last even just a year at 3% the ultra low apr makes it attractive as well.  we all say we never carry balances until you might need to...  Granted I do have lower than 7.x being NFCU, but nice having a few low cards and one that has been at 3% for approx 10 months for me.

Message 16 of 33
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Stop.

You are making me think about getting the "AOD" again.

Must be the last one here that has not applied

Message 17 of 33
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Kforce wrote:

Stop.

You are making me think about getting the "AOD" again.

Must be the last one here that has not applied

I haven't 🤷‍♀️

I sometimes wish I did. By all accounts, great little CU with great card. 

I hope it lasts, I hope it makes CU some money and their customers, too. 

Message 18 of 33
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

And which lender guarantees they won't nerf something? 

Are you saying that if a product reaches certain age, changes are less likely? 

Message 19 of 33
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Exactly. 

So, let's see some dodo birds...BBVA NBA, Citi Forward, 5/3 Cash Rewards, BoA Travel or Cash Privileges, FNBO TravElite, Barclays Uber, AmEx OBC, Blispay, etc, etc. 

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.