cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Alliance 3%

longtimelurker
Mega Contributor

US Alliance 3%

 

You Asked, We Listened! 3x the Rewards is Coming Back with your USALLIANCE Visa Signature Card!

 

So back from April 1 to Dec 31st.   Which is something I guess!
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Re: US Alliance 3%


@longtimelurker wrote:

 

You Asked, We Listened! 3x the Rewards is Coming Back with your USALLIANCE Visa Signature Card!

 

So back from April 1 to Dec 31st.   Which is something I guess!

Will keep it as one of my cards until next year.

Message 2 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Alliance 3%

How long was it 3% the first time around before it went away?  I'm unfamiliar with the card.

 

I suppose the fact that it went away once and that it's returning only for a limited time period proves that 3% cards aren't sustainable over the long term.

Message 3 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Alliance 3%

I just closed my card and membership at USAlliance.  Dang it!

Message 4 of 33
PullingMeSoftly
Established Contributor

Re: US Alliance 3%


@Anonymous wrote:

I suppose the fact that it went away once and that it's returning only for a limited time period proves that 3% cards aren't sustainable over the long term.


Well at least not for US Alliance...but AOD is proving otherwise and even increasing their marketing promotions.









Message 5 of 33
M_Smart007
Epic Contributor

Re: US Alliance 3%

@PullingMeSoftly, You took the 3% "AOD" words right out of my mouthSmiley Happy

Message 6 of 33
longtimelurker
Mega Contributor

Re: US Alliance 3%


@Anonymous wrote:

How long was it 3% the first time around before it went away?  I'm unfamiliar with the card.

 

I suppose the fact that it went away once and that it's returning only for a limited time period proves that 3% cards aren't sustainable over the long term.


It lasted about a year, I had it from Mar 2020 to Feb 1 2021, and now 8 more months.

 

As always, AOD lasts as long as it lasts!   Both USAlliance and the Florida one changed with very little notice.

Message 7 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Alliance 3%


@PullingMeSoftly wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I suppose the fact that it went away once and that it's returning only for a limited time period proves that 3% cards aren't sustainable over the long term.


Well at least not for US Alliance...but AOD is proving otherwise and even increasing their marketing promotions.


Indeed. Wild that AOD is even offering $50 for getting that card now! Hopefully their low APR, high rewards formula is paying enough for them to not nerf it. At sub-10% I am sure plenty carry balances on it. 

 

It is cool that USAlliance decided to extend the 3% though. Maybe they will tweak their formula to make it profitable as well. 

Message 8 of 33
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Re: US Alliance 3%


@Anonymous wrote:

 

It is cool that USAlliance decided to extend the 3% though. Maybe they will tweak their formula to make it profitable as well. 


I stopped using it and maybe I was not alone.

A lot of customers with lots of swipes leaving it in the sock drawer !

 

Message 9 of 33
digitek
Established Contributor

Re: US Alliance 3%


@Kforce wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

 

It is cool that USAlliance decided to extend the 3% though. Maybe they will tweak their formula to make it profitable as well. 


I stopped using it and maybe I was not alone.

A lot of customers with lots of swipes leaving it in the sock drawer !

 


I had sock drawered this one and was going to wait until over a year to close which had just come up, glad I didn't pull the trigger yet.

 

Wondering if they will extend it again...

Current -
 Closed -
Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.