Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US BANK ALTITUDE GO MAX CREDIT LINE?

tag
kromix
New Contributor

US BANK ALTITUDE GO MAX CREDIT LINE?

See Hi all, applied for us bank altitude GO, got approved for only $5k. Called recon line said I need Atleast $20k to match all my other cards if I'm going to make it my main spend. Another credit pull and they matched me. Two pulls but worth it from $5k to $20k to start on stingy US BANK.

My question is, what is the max this product or US Bank in general can be for one line?

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US BANK ALTITUDE GO MAX CREDIT LINE?

Nice instant bump-up, even at the expense of a HP.  Obviously this shows that your profile is worthy of $20k from them, so it's a bit unfortunate that they only extended you $5k initially.  Everyone does say that USB is rather conservative out of the gate though.

Message 2 of 35
kromix
New Contributor

Yup worth it, going to be my main dining card.

Anyone know what the MAX credit line they would extend over time would be?

Message 3 of 35
Trikoret
Contributor

@kromix wrote:

Yup worth it, going to be my main dining card.

A year ago I got instantly approved for US Altitude Reserve with a $22k credit line. I read somewhere here that someone has 60k credit line. I guess you have to use it heavily to show them you need a high credit line. 

Message 4 of 35
Getty59
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the approval and insta CLI! 

NFCU More Rewards: $23,100

NFCU Cash Rewards: 25,000

Capital One Venture: $10,250
Message 5 of 35
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Super recon and with the HP!😲🤤

Sorry, no info on US Bank from me.  I was denied 2 years ago by them 🤪

Message 6 of 35
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Trikoret wrote:

@kromix wrote:

A year ago I got instantly approved for US Altitude Reserve with a $22k credit line. I read somewhere here that someone has 60k credit line. I guess you have to use it heavily to show them you need a high credit line. 

Congrats on your successful recon, @kromix.  That $60K credit limit was on an Altitude Reserve, not an Altitude GO.   It was preceded by very heavy spend, I believe over a couple of years, and that member also had an even higher limit with another bank.  I'm not aware of any particular limit on any US Bank card but they tend to be conservative, as you saw by your initial approval.  With heavy use and payoff, and with the right credit profile including high scores and high income, I imagine the sky is the limit.  But they won't just hand you high limits like some banks will do. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 7 of 35
Remedios
Credit Mentor

They are no more conservative than any other bank, other than when it comes to credit seeking. 

I guess that's a new urban legend around here. 

My personal experience, @K-in-Boston , @UncleB , @imaximous , @simplynoir , @Trikoret , @FinStar, @longtimelurker etc have decent exposure with them, and it didn't require human or goat sacrifice. In fact, most of them (or is that *us*) have multiple cards without bumping into "imaginary conservative" territory. 

In fact, if you look at approvals, they aren't that different from Chase (just one example), both lenders are all over the place, when one major distinction, US Bank cards can and do grow if one isn't in "I'll take 50 new accounts, but I hate HPs" camp. 

I just don't understand where the conservative comes from. Nothing I've seen supports that assertion. 

Not everyone is going to get a limit they desire, but please point me in the direction of a lender who will oblige to that ideal. 

Message 8 of 35
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

They are no more conservative than any other bank, other than when it comes to credit seeking. 

Not everyone is going to get a limit they desire, but please point me in the direction of a lender who will oblige to that ideal. 

https://www.navyfederal.org  Smiley Tongue

I have no relationship with US Bank yet, but have also heard the term conservative used quite a bit.

Their 0/12 policy does seem a bit restrictive....

I understand the logic of smaller limits at the beginning of a relationship, but I also see how that gets construed as Conservative.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 9 of 35
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

My personal experience, @K-in-Boston , @UncleB , @imaximous , @simplynoir , @Trikoret , @FinStar, @longtimelurker etc have decent exposure with them, and it didn't require human or goat sacrifice. In fact, most of them (or is that *us*) have multiple cards without bumping into "imaginary conservative" territory. 

In fact, if you look at approvals, they aren't that different from Chase (just one example), both lenders are all over the place, when one major distinction, US Bank cards can and do grow if one isn't in "I'll take 50 new accounts, but I hate HPs" camp. 

I just don't understand where the conservative comes from. Nothing I've seen supports that assertion. 

My hope when I finally call them here in a few mins is that they will give me a CLI whether it takes a HP or not. Think my request got lost somewhere since it's almost been two weeks since I called them 😐

Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.