Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US BANK ALTITUDE RESERVE QUESTION

longtimelurker
Mega Contributor

Re: US BANK ALTITUDE RESERVE QUESTION

@Bradac56 wrote:
Yes USBank really wants to see a relationship for cards - cards are harder to get than personal loans. I could get any of their cards I want now but that's after 15+ years with them and using all there services. I know when we first started with them it was a pain to do anything until about year 3-4 which was about the time we opened our 3 lines of credit ($5k each for overdraft) and then year 5 was our first house. Personally I would open a checking account with at least a small DD per pay check going into it. I would also wait until your credit is as clean as you can reasonably get it.

Well, a relationship is necessary for the AR, but it can be pretty trivial (one week with a bank account in the case of my daughter) but with a good clean profile, you can get the other cards with no prior USB relationship.

Message 11 of 12
K-in-Boston

Re: US BANK ALTITUDE RESERVE QUESTION

Absolutely.  I have no non-credit card relationship with them and got better terms on my two cards than others on the forums who have even non-trivial relationships with US Bank.  Your overall profile and recent credit-seeking activities will impact any decisions more than anything else.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.