Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US BANK CC

tag
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

Re: US BANK CC

thanks for the words of support JohnStur.  hopefully my next call to them will be with good news.

book1773...yeah that's their underwriting department number.  that's one of the backdoor numbers to call for a recon.  that's what i've been calling.  and yeah, i don't think it updates it when it's in recon.  but hopefully it's an approval for you soon!

Message 11 of 20
book1773
Valued Member

Thanks travellingnomad.. I hope everything works out for you as well. Let us

know what happens with the approval. I just called US Bank and my app is stil

under review and they said it takes about three days..

Message 12 of 20
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

@book1773 wrote:

Thanks travellingnomad.. I hope everything works out for you as well. Let us

know what happens with the approval. I just called US Bank and my app is stil

under review and they said it takes about three days..

i just called them and the rep i spoke with said that right now, they're about 4-5 days out from reviewing.  i guess they have a lot of requests for reviews.  not the good news i was hoping to hear...but it's still not a "NO" so it's still good news.  post back when you get your approval.

Message 13 of 20
brian2220
Regular Contributor

@TravellingNomad wrote:

thanks for the words of support JohnStur.  hopefully my next call to them will be with good news.

book1773...yeah that's their underwriting department number.  that's one of the backdoor numbers to call for a recon.  that's what i've been calling.  and yeah, i don't think it updates it when it's in recon.  but hopefully it's an approval for you soon!

when i called that number it said my application was unable to be approved

but changed to under review and then approved 

the bank manager i apped though had it sent back for review after being denied and that led to it being approved 

and i was also approved for a reserve line of credit

My Cards
BBVA/Compass 2/12 $ 5000 ----- Chase Freedom 12/10 $3000 ---- Cabela's 1/12 $3000 -----US Bank FlexPerks Cash Rewards 6/11 $3000 ----Walmart Discover 10/11 $2814 ------ Discover More 11/11 $2500 ----- Amazon Store Card 2/11 $2100---- Amex Zync 4/11 ---- Citi Dividend Platinum Select 3/11 $1950 ---- BofA Cash Rewards 12/11 $1000
Message 14 of 20
book1773
Valued Member

Brain I am glad to hear you got approved. I think a lot of these automated

systems have flaws and if the banks would really look at each app carefully they

would see a lot of potential to have some realiable customers and more money in

there pockets..

Message 15 of 20
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

well, unfortunately, my recon was denied.  i called today and spoke to an underwriting rep.  she told me that the application was denied because of the verizon CO.  what confuses me is that she never mentioned anything about the documents i faxed so i mentioned that i faxed something to them a week ago.  she asked me what it was and told her it was the satisfaction of judgement letter from the court.  i also told her that when i called beginning of the month, one of their reps told me that it was the judgement that held it up and asked me to fax the letter.  she then asked me when i faxed it.  she then replies back saying that everything was reviewed and still denied.

i was going to let it go but then i just did not feel comfortable with how the conversation.  so  i called back after an hour and spoke to another rep.  i explained how i was asked to fax documents.  rep asked me again when i sent the fax, but this time, she said that she does not see anything in their system as far as the documents i faxed to them so she asked me to fax over again to her.

i just don't get it.  because when i called early last week, the rep i spoke with at that time verified that there was a note indicated on the file that fax was received.  guess will just have to fax again tomorrow.  i wonder if it's any better if i go into the branch near my house to bring the documents and have the local branch handle it for me?

Message 16 of 20
brian2220
Regular Contributor

@TravellingNomad wrote:

well, unfortunately, my recon was denied.  i called today and spoke to an underwriting rep.  she told me that the application was denied because of the verizon CO.  what confuses me is that she never mentioned anything about the documents i faxed so i mentioned that i faxed something to them a week ago.  she asked me what it was and told her it was the satisfaction of judgement letter from the court.  i also told her that when i called beginning of the month, one of their reps told me that it was the judgement that held it up and asked me to fax the letter.  she then asked me when i faxed it.  she then replies back saying that everything was reviewed and still denied.

i was going to let it go but then i just did not feel comfortable with how the conversation.  so  i called back after an hour and spoke to another rep.  i explained how i was asked to fax documents.  rep asked me again when i sent the fax, but this time, she said that she does not see anything in their system as far as the documents i faxed to them so she asked me to fax over again to her.

i just don't get it.  because when i called early last week, the rep i spoke with at that time verified that there was a note indicated on the file that fax was received.  guess will just have to fax again tomorrow.  i wonder if it's any better if i go into the branch near my house to bring the documents and have the local branch handle it for me?

the branch is your best option if they are willing to help 

My Cards
BBVA/Compass 2/12 $ 5000 ----- Chase Freedom 12/10 $3000 ---- Cabela's 1/12 $3000 -----US Bank FlexPerks Cash Rewards 6/11 $3000 ----Walmart Discover 10/11 $2814 ------ Discover More 11/11 $2500 ----- Amazon Store Card 2/11 $2100---- Amex Zync 4/11 ---- Citi Dividend Platinum Select 3/11 $1950 ---- BofA Cash Rewards 12/11 $1000
Message 17 of 20
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

called again today to check status.  explained again that i re-faxed docs earlier this week.  the rep i spoke with gave me a number to call for a company called ARS (Advanced Resolution Services).  she said that they declined my app because of the information this company sent back to them.  i a little digging around...and what i found is that there are companies out there that financial institutions use to decide on a cc app.  i did a google search on ARS and what i came up with is threads from fatwallet about how a whole bunch of people got denials from US Bank because of information from ARS and then they got some report from LIR and ICS.  after a while of reading those acronyms, i gave up.  it was giving me a headache.  but i got the picture that aside from your credit reports, some lenders look at your consumer report that one of these agencies have.

Message 18 of 20
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Basically, ARS and IDA are sorta like Chexsystem. ARS and IDA monitors all Visa & MC credit applications. Each time you apply for a Visa or a MC credit card ARS and/or IDA will be notified (think of it a inquiry). ARS and/or IDA will declare you as a risky applicant if you have too much inquiries. Problem is ARS and IDA monitor both your SSN and address. So if your loved one apply a Visa/MC using the same address it counts.

It amazes me how Visa requires all Visa issuers to use these service. Not sure about Mastercard.

Message 19 of 20
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Basically, ARS and IDA are sorta like Chexsystem. ARS and IDA monitors all Visa & MC credit applications. Each time you apply for a Visa or a MC credit card ARS and/or IDA will be notified (think of it a inquiry). ARS and/or IDA will declare you as a risky applicant if you have too much inquiries. Problem is ARS and IDA monitor both your SSN and address. So if your loved one apply a Visa/MC using the same address it counts.

It amazes me how Visa requires all Visa issuers to use these service. Not sure about Mastercard.

that is crazy.  because there are several adults that live in the same house (family) and i know for a fact that all of us have app'd for cc's over the years.  so im guessing that the list they have for our home address is pretty lengthy.  also, i read during my googling of these companies that by law, lenders are not supposed to base their decision on the information provided in their reports.  but i think it was for another one called ICS.  im getting confused with all the acronyms.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.