Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US BANK CREDIT CARDS

tag
tbea1004
Frequent Contributor

US BANK CREDIT CARDS

How often can you apply for Us Bank cards? What do they look for as far as inquiries and new accounts? How often do they give out CLIs?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: US BANK CREDIT CARDS

You can apply as often as you like. Approved, that is a different story.

USBank has a reputation as a conservative lender and seem to open up once a relationship has been established. 

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied 2 years ago for the first time when my credit was not perfect, and got a crummy Cash Rewards card for my troubles. It is now a Cash+ but still crummy limit, and I don't even have the option of requesting a CLI on the website.

However, they approved a 7.5k business card for me oddly enough just a few months ago. I kind of want to open all their Korean Air Skypass cards during the increased bonus periods but I'm not sure how much they like me yet since they still won't let me increase the Cash+ to a healthy limit.

Message 3 of 18
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

You can't request an online increase for signature cards for whatever the same reason is that they do not list your current limit.

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

That Cash+ card was the beggining of my downfall.

Message 5 of 18
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied 2 years ago for the first time when my credit was not perfect, and got a crummy Cash Rewards card for my troubles. It is now a Cash+ but still crummy limit, and I don't even have the option of requesting a CLI on the website.

However, they approved a 7.5k business card for me oddly enough just a few months ago. I kind of want to open all their Korean Air Skypass cards during the increased bonus periods but I'm not sure how much they like me yet since they still won't let me increase the Cash+ to a healthy limit.

You might try apping for another card.  I did the same as you; pc'd to Cash +.  But I have the Flex Am Ex and Visa also.  I can't remember a cli that wasn't an auto cli, and have had cli requests denied (kind of like Chase).  But then, turned around and was approved for the Alt Reserve.  CC exposure: $57k.

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've heard they manually review each application..
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Viva-LV wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You might try apping for another card.  I did the same as you; pc'd to Cash +.  But I have the Flex Am Ex and Visa also.  I can't remember a cli that wasn't an auto cli, and have had cli requests denied (kind of like Chase).  But then, turned around and was approved for the Alt Reserve.  CC exposure: $57k.

57k with US Bank? that's not a bad idea, maybe I will go ahead whenever the Skypass cards have increased bonuses again. They're horrible for use, but 30k miles for any amount of first purchase is nice. As far as the Cash+ I don't need it to be more than probably 5k since I only use it for the 5% categories but at this point they are the only lender that hasn't been growing with me. Two years ago when I started learning about credit I had $1000 total, now I'm approaching $230k yet they won't increase that card even though I use it fairly heavily.

Message 8 of 18
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Viva-LV wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

57k with US Bank? that's not a bad idea, maybe I will go ahead whenever the Skypass cards have increased bonuses again. They're horrible for use, but 30k miles for any amount of first purchase is nice. As far as the Cash+ I don't need it to be more than probably 5k since I only use it for the 5% categories but at this point they are the only lender that hasn't been growing with me. Two years ago when I started learning about credit I had $1000 total, now I'm approaching $230k yet they won't increase that card even though I use it fairly heavily.

@I couldn't predict a USB cli if my life depended on it.  On 5/2, got an auto cli on my Flex Am Ex to $7500.  Apped for the Alt Res on 5/10, two day approval @ $29k (I've got a couple of BOA's with higher limits).  On 5/23, auto cli on Flex Visa to $13k.  Cash+ @ $7500.  I've been with USB for some time.  Next cli?  Maybe next year!

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had a USBANK checking since 2008. Now have cash rewards and cash +. They do auto cli every 9 months but not much. Minimum payments are plus new interest accrued. All were manual reviews.

Conservative yes. Nothing special. CSR is that of a small bank and friendly.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.