cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Altitude News: Added Category for AR & Two New Altitude-Branded Cards Coming Soon

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: US Bank Altitude News: Added Category for AR & Two New Altitude-Branded Cards Coming Soon

Can wait to post something about "driving to pick up 🧦's chicken"

Seriously not happening. 

Message 31 of 133
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: US Bank Altitude News: Added Category for AR & Two New Altitude-Branded Cards Coming Soon

@Remedios wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

I recently completed a directly related marketing survey with them.  Wouldn't surprise me if there were additional shifts in benefits coming that nudge it toward a greater focus as a travel card along with an increase in the AF.

Interesting. Any insight on what is on the table?

Keep in mind that this is effectively a trial balloon they're floating and should be considered as speculative.   From memory the highlights are:

1x point = 1 cent. 

5x points on travel.

5x points on dining.

2x points on mobile wallet.   

1x points on unstructured spend.

$400 in credits, $250 of that allocated for airbnb/vrbo type services.

$100 Clear credit

$100 TS/Pre/Global Entry credit - specifically referenced TSAPre

Radisson Rewards Platinum status

USBank Platinum checking account with monthly fees waived, much like holding a Cash+ waives the Gold monthly fee

1 x 30% off coupon at REI/REI.com

Unlimited PP usage. 

12 x GoGo Inflight passes 

$495 AF

Any CC waives fees for Gold checking.

If they make those exact changes, I'll be dropping hints that I'm single and looking for new Precious 

I must say that when I saw the 2x points on mobile wallet line I thought of you going 🤬

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 32 of 133
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@coldfusion wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

I recently completed a directly related marketing survey with them.  Wouldn't surprise me if there were additional shifts in benefits coming that nudge it toward a greater focus as a travel card along with an increase in the AF.

Interesting. Any insight on what is on the table?

Keep in mind that this is effectively a trial balloon they're floating and should be considered as speculative.   From memory the highlights are:

1x point = 1 cent. 

5x points on travel.

5x points on dining.

2x points on mobile wallet.   

1x points on unstructured spend.

$400 in credits, $250 of that allocated for airbnb/vrbo type services.

$100 Clear credit

$100 TS/Pre/Global Entry credit - specifically referenced TSAPre

Radisson Rewards Platinum status

USBank Platinum checking account with monthly fees waived, much like holding a Cash+ waives the Gold monthly fee

1 x 30% off coupon at REI/REI.com

Unlimited PP usage. 

12 x GoGo Inflight passes 

$495 AF

Any CC waives fees for Gold checking.

If they make those exact changes, I'll be dropping hints that I'm single and looking for new Precious 

I must say that when I saw the 2x points on mobile wallet line I thought of you going 🤬

That would be a "Bye, Felicia" moment for me. 

Plenty of fish in the sea. The only thing this one has over others is that fish jumps in the boat.

If they make me fish, I'll eat chicken 

Message 33 of 133
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Even without the reduction in mobile wallet earnings, I would have a difficult time justifying the card if I could only get $150 in travel credits and $100 in CLEAR credit out of it with an increased $495 fee.  Again, there was a big outrage when Chase had similar surveys a few years ago, and things ended up not changing.  Hopefully the survey comments were consistently "this is a bad idea."

Message 34 of 133
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

If Socks Bank nerfs the mobile wallet earnings I'll just go back to my non-category squeeze BofA PR

Message 35 of 133
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Even without the reduction in mobile wallet earnings, I would have a difficult time justifying the card if I could only get $150 in travel credits and $100 in CLEAR credit out of it with an increased $495 fee.  Again, there was a big outrage when Chase had similar surveys a few years ago, and things ended up not changing.  Hopefully the survey comments were consistently "this is a bad idea."

I'll just say that I gave plenty of feedback. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 36 of 133
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Gonna remind myself to breathe.  Chase also floated the idea of not allowing moving UR points to CSP/CSR from Freedom and FU a few years ago.  If they lost the 1.5x value for RTR (or at least using their portal) and dropped the mobile wallet earnings, that would be a deal killer for much of the card's user base.  My Amex cards would kill those earnings (albeit at a much higher cost of entry).  If the travel credit became less flexible, that would be painful.  Clear credit would help, but at this point I already have 9 or 10 cards with GE credits, so that doesn't personally help me.  Radisson status would anger UK Amex Platinum cardholders who only get Gold, and I don't see that making me jump ship.  I don't do checking with them and I have no reason to shop at REI.  I have other cards with better PP, but have only needed to use PP lounges twice.

I'm taking a deep breath on that one as well. Smiley Indifferent

I'm a corner case in that the math works even though I don't (usually) fly, however if the travel credit is removed in favor of GE/Clear/whatever that will very likely kill it for me.  I don't think even 5x for all travel could overcome that loss at my modest spend level (if it actually happens I'll do the math first, of course).

2x for mobile payments would be a nonstarter for sure, since I have a stack of cards that give 3%+ for nearly every category without having to fumble with my phone (and the Limitless for 2.5% if all else fails).

Message 37 of 133
Trikoret
Contributor

If flex perk cards are going away, why did they add 5x category for their cards also. It's on their website. Also DOC mentioned the RTR for flex cards are at 1% now vs 1.5%. Despite the fact they still advertising they are worth 1.5 points more. Doesn't make sense. 

Message 38 of 133
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:

That would be a "Bye, Felicia" moment for me. 

Plenty of fish in the sea. The only thing this one has over others is that fish jumps in the boat.

If they make me fish, I'll eat chicken 

Message 39 of 133
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Trikoret wrote:

If flex perk cards are going away, why did they add 5x category for their cards also. It's on their website. Also DOC mentioned the RTR for flex cards are at 1% now vs 1.5%. Despite the fact they still advertising they are worth 1.5 points more. Doesn't make sense. 

From what I read they switch the RTR earnings for Flexperks points to 1% on March 1st and notices are being sent out to customers, but was done without any warning. Good news is the Altitude Reserve RTRs is untouched for now but I don't like how US Bank went about this

Message 40 of 133
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.