cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Altitude News: Added Category for AR & Two New Altitude-Branded Cards Coming Soon

tag
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

US Bank Altitude Reserve RTR Devaluation COMING!

Some of the inside sources I know at USB have let slip that RTR will be moving down to 1CPP here shortly. Supposedly USB has already mailed out letters. This will happen with both Altitude and the revamped FlexPerks cards from what I've been told.

I tested it today when I cashed out all my points. Still earning 1.5CPP on travel. I would expect it though and cash out immediately.

Supposedly there will be no warning given.

You can almost certainly bet this will happen when they refresh all the Altitude cards.

This blog post is not related to many above statements, What I could find on google just to cite something.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/reports-of-u-s-bank-devaluing-real-time-flexperks-rewards-to-1%c2%a2/...

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 41 of 133
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: US Bank Altitude News: Added Category for AR & Two New Altitude-Branded Cards Coming Soon

Message 42 of 133
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: US Bank Altitude Reserve RTR Devaluation COMING!

Read here starting on the 3rd page of this thread:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/US-Bank-Altitude-News-Added-Category-for-AR-amp-Two-Ne...

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 43 of 133
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: US Bank Altitude News: Added Category for AR & Two New Altitude-Branded Cards Coming Soon

I usually try to shy away from being an alarmist, but since they did that with no prior notice, that's pretty scary.  Fortunately it only appeared to happen with RTRs and they are still worth 1.5x in the portal (and on AR of course).  But certainly does seem like very bad policy to make a major change like that and then send notices later when that could mean hundreds or even thousands of dollars for many people.

Message 44 of 133
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank Altitude Reserve RTR Devaluation COMING!

@coldfusion wrote:

Read here starting on the 3rd page of this thread:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/US-Bank-Altitude-News-Added-Category-for-AR-amp-Two-Ne...

I read the thread. This is about a current devalution to the points. Supposedly FlexPerks has already been hit, AR points are next.

That thread is about card changes and two new cards.

Message 45 of 133
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I usually try to shy away from being an alarmist, but since they did that with no prior notice, that's pretty scary.  Fortunately it only appeared to happen with RTRs and they are still worth 1.5x in the portal (and on AR of course).  But certainly does seem like very bad policy to make a major change like that and then send notices later when that could mean hundreds or even thousands of dollars for many people.

It's coming to the Altitude next, been told this by a few reliable sources I know.

Message 46 of 133
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Only for RTRs, or also for portal?

Message 47 of 133
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Finally got shut down from USB. I knew it was coming. They are closing all accounts in April which is surpising generous Smiley Very Happy

I got them good ,but a little mad about my bank accounts.

RIP to one of the best cards I ever had. BBY for Business wont be the same without you.

Message 48 of 133
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Only for RTR. Basically so you couldn't use the loophole is what I'm hearing. Too many people just taking statement credits at 1.5CPP

Message 49 of 133
Trikoret
Contributor

If all these rumors are true, then this card is worthless to me. Time to give BofA Premium card some love. I don't like the fact that they make changes without warning. That's really a bad business practice. Some people are saving up their points for summer vacation and now their points are going to get devolved. That's really messed up. 

Message 50 of 133
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.