cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Altitude News: Added Category for AR & Two New Altitude-Branded Cards Coming Soon

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: US Bank Altitude News: Added Category for AR & Two New Altitude-Branded Cards Coming Soon

@simplynoir wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

I have a heaping pile of points left, despite using a heaping pile.

AF renews in June. Sigh.

@simplynoir  you didn't have to ruin my life in the middle of work week. 

Don't blame me, blame @Shadowfactor yo

I have a eggplant emoji of points I haven't spent yet. Gonna cancel and re-reserve hotel stay me and lady have next week, that should take care of all of them or come close at least

😂

Just don't forget that for RTR there's a minimum amount to trigger, you have to enable it beforehand, and partial redemptions are not a possibility.  So if the stay is $1500 but you only have 99,990 points no go.

Message 61 of 133
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: US Bank Altitude News: Added Category for AR & Two New Altitude-Branded Cards Coming Soon

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

AF renews in June. Sigh.

Well, so far RTR seems to be untouched on AR, but I would probably err on the side of portal redemptions.  Probably a good time to plan some travel, just in case.

Some travel?

I'm going to try redeeming every trip to the bathroom! 

Message 62 of 133
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

AF renews in June. Sigh.

Don't blame me, blame @Shadowfactor yo

I have a eggplant emoji of points I haven't spent yet. Gonna cancel and re-reserve hotel stay me and lady have next week, that should take care of all of them or come close at least

😂

Just don't forget that for RTR there's a minimum amount to trigger, you have to enable it beforehand, and partial redemptions are not a possibility.  So if the stay is $1500 but you only have 99,990 points no go.

Okay, well then I need to do some math and make some calls. Maybe we should just schedule a getaway later this month

Message 63 of 133
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I usually try to shy away from being an alarmist, but since they did that with no prior notice, that's pretty scary.  Fortunately it only appeared to happen with RTRs and they are still worth 1.5x in the portal (and on AR of course).  But certainly does seem like very bad policy to make a major change like that and then send notices later when that could mean hundreds or even thousands of dollars for many people.

If they kill travel RTR redemptions at 1.5x that will be the final straw... I'll go back to using my Propel again.

Image result for little rascals bye gif

Message 64 of 133
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they change RTR to 1 cent I will certainly not renew my AR come May. 

I'm really angry because I just opened a Flexperks biz card last month for the 25k points that I was planning on transferring to the AR. Now it looks like I need to go ahead and hit the SUB for the Flexperks ASAP to use the points up before devaluation.

Message 65 of 133
Anonymous
Not applicable

@imaximous wrote:
Well, this got me annoyed already. I'm a heavy user of AR and still got about 600k points to burn. This is the difference between getting $6k or $9k in value from my points. I was planning on using them in April for kids' school break and then for summer vacation.
I almost feel like buying and canceling a first class ticket for the whole value of my points right now and be done with it.

Honestly this what I may do. I have only 10k points but I will get 25k flex perks from my Flexperks biz SUB that I will transfer to AR.  I may just book a refundable ticket and take the statement credit. It's no telling when the RTR devaluation will hit AR.

Message 66 of 133
redpat
Senior Contributor

Yep, just another Johnny come lately to compete w/ Amex and Chase then go "nerf".

Watch out mobile wallet it may disappear......

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 67 of 133
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

I actually have stayed away from this card because of the 3x mobile pay. I very much dislike using my phone to pay for things. It's a pain in the a**.

Me trying to use my phone to pay: "Will it work? Is it supposed to work? Am I doing it wrong or does it not work? You're an employee and you don't know if NFC payments work?" etc.

Generally, I really like U.S. Bank and I hope they come up with some more competitive products. They have great U.S.-based customer service as well.

Message 68 of 133
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am hoping the altitude cards act like chase line with tiers of rtr redemptions. So Altitude 1.5x, Altitude new1 1.25x, Altitude no af 1x. I'd be good with that. Maybe they were losing a lot on flexperks?

Message 69 of 133
Anonymous
Not applicable

This sucks! I was just about to apply this month after waiting to get to 0/6. Now I've got to wait till they release the news on the potential new cards. What I wanted was 3x on mobile payments worth 4.5x on RTR! 

Message 70 of 133
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.