cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Altitude News: Added Category for AR & Two New Altitude-Branded Cards Coming Soon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Altitude News: Added Category for AR & Two New Altitude-Branded Cards Coming Soon

@Citylights18 wrote:

Is this speculation that AR is no longer doing 1.5 redemptions? From what I read I do not see that change.

The no AF card has 4x dining plus an intro APR 0% 12 month period. I am considering that one since I am currently only 2x dining.

I don't have a priority pass card either so the 325 travel credit against the 400 AF looks pretty good. 5x travel portal I suppose is workable for flights. 3x mobile wallet is worth using it. Plus 3x general travel. 

The $95 AF card I don't think is worth it just for non portal 4x travel. 

Yes is speculation due to the point multipliers on the lower af/no fee cards. It seems too good to be true to maintain 1.5c RTR on a no af card that gives 4x dining. That's essentially 6% back on dining for a free card so no way this happens.

My guess is that US Bank will possibly only allow you to hold one altitude card at a time to prevent abuse. If they do this, it would be more profitable imo. For instance, 1.5c point if you hold Altitude and 1c a point if you hold the other two.

I just hope mobile wallet isn't nerfed because this will lose many customers.

Message 91 of 133
Citylights18
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank Altitude News: Added Category for AR & Two New Altitude-Branded Cards Coming Soon

@Anonymous wrote:

@Citylights18 wrote:

Is this speculation that AR is no longer doing 1.5 redemptions? From what I read I do not see that change.

The no AF card has 4x dining plus an intro APR 0% 12 month period. I am considering that one since I am currently only 2x dining.

I don't have a priority pass card either so the 325 travel credit against the 400 AF looks pretty good. 5x travel portal I suppose is workable for flights. 3x mobile wallet is worth using it. Plus 3x general travel. 

The $95 AF card I don't think is worth it just for non portal 4x travel. 

Yes is speculation due to the point multipliers on the lower af/no fee cards. It seems too good to be true to maintain 1.5c RTR on a no af card that gives 4x dining. That's essentially 6% back on dining for a free card so no way this happens.

My guess is that US Bank will possibly only allow you to hold one altitude card at a time to prevent abuse. If they do this, it would be more profitable imo. For instance, 1.5c point if you hold Altitude and 1c a point if you hold the other two.

I just hope mobile wallet isn't nerfed because this will lose many customers.

Even with 1.5c the US Bank three card ecosystem of Altitude Reserve/Altitude Go/Altitude Connect doen't produce much more in the way of points for my spend than the Chase Trifecta (CSR/CFU/CF).

AF/AG/AC: 109,070

CSR/CFU/CF: 108,660

I didn't include Lyft bonus points which moves the Chase Trifecta a little higher but it does come with a higher combined effective AF of $250 compared to $170 with US Bank. Chase of course has the DoorDash credit worth $120 a year and Spotify for 6 months at $60 a year for new users.

What helps Chase out is having a 1.5x everything card and 5x rotating categories for the Freedom to make up for a lack of regular 4x categories.

Official travel point totals as of 12/26/23 (1,382,693 Total Points)
Chase Ultimate Rewards 661,525 | IHG One Rewards 144,443 | Hilton Honors 143,801 | AMEX Membership Rewards 102,729 | World of Hyatt 90,413 | Marriott Bonvoy 65,343 | Citi Thank You 62,712 | Wells Fargo Rewards 33,652 | Southwest Rapid Rewards 28,105 | United MileagePlus 13,316 | British Airways Avios 12,333 | Jet Blue TrueBlue 11,661 | NASA Platinum Rewards 1,883 | AA Advantage 1,744 | Navy Federal Rewards 792 | Delta Sky Miles 175 | Virgin Atlantic Virgin Points 100 | Lowes Business Rewards 6,992 ($69.92) | Amazon Rewards 475 ($4.75) | Discover CB 499 ($4.99)
Message 92 of 133
Remedios
Credit Mentor

With US Bank current UW standards, completing trifecta would take 5 years. 

15 if any other cards are added. 

I dont see them going for the cards that compliment each other same way as Chase does.

This is just rename former  flexperks cards to make them appear more attractive (not a hard thing to do, they were seriously underwhelming).

As far as AR, closing RTR loophole is hardly a surprise, I'm actually surprised it took them this long...

If they touch mobile wallet and/or change portal redemptions 

Screenshot 2019-10-22 at 7.14.00 PM.png

Message 93 of 133
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/u-s-bank-sends-out-survey-regarding-changes-to-altitude-reserve/

This is the survey I talked about earlier in this thread.   I'm not the source behind the article. 

There was another one a couple of days ago focused on a rebranding/renaming of RtR.    No hints of changes to the program itself, only the name. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 94 of 133
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Every time this thread gets bumped, I die a little on the inside

I think it's adorable how they added a bunch of worthless stuff to option B, as if any of that justifies increase in AF, but hey, list looks longer. Must be good, right??? 

Leave it as is, and I'll pay AF.

Touch mobile wallet and...

giphy.gif

Message 95 of 133
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

I think it's adorable how they added a bunch of worthless stuff to option B, as if any of that justifies increase in AF, but hey, list looks longer. Must be good, right??? 

Yes, although not worthless to all I guess!  The 30% annual discount at REI, unless there are lots of bad conditions,  will also cannibalize their WEMC REI, which gives 5%.  Since it's US Bank, I can imagine that at first it's uncapped, making this an REI card with a few things added in for heavy REI shoppers!

Message 96 of 133
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

giphy.gif

CSR and Delta Reserve are friendzoned? 

I thought I forwarded you something mid-late last week too.  I guess not. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 97 of 133
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I really hope everyone with a thinking brain voiced their displeasure with Option B

Message 98 of 133
Trikoret
Contributor

I think it's a matter of time when us Bank increases the annual fee. Let's hope it won't be Option B cause I will either downgrade if available or cancel. I never used Airbnb so no way I'll pay 345 annual fee

Message 99 of 133
Caught750
Valued Contributor

This whole mess makes the CSR look more attractive to me.  Are they trying to alienate their customer base?  I couldn't use the credits on option B at all which means the earnings don't help.

PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 100 of 133
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.