cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Altitude News: Added Category for AR & Two New Altitude-Branded Cards Coming Soon

tag
Matt9543
Established Contributor

Re: NEW US Bank Altitude GO Visa Signature Card

@credit_is_crack wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

(Courtesy of DOC)

Gotta say I like the look!  Another US Bank Card I wont be able to get Smiley LOL

Capture.JPG

@Gmood1 @coldfusion @Anonymous @blindambition @CreditCuriosity @credit_is_crack 

LOL @Wavester64  based on what I've opened in the last year and how they've tightened up, I'm sure they'd send me straight to the garbage pile. I'd be down to 2/12 in DEC, and then it would still be a high risk. Good rewards though. 4% dining and no AF -- definitely nice return. Not sure why they chose ketchup red though  Smiley LOL

I think I remember reading that it was going to be a metal card as well. I like the design and I'm hoping I can hold off to get this card as well. And I mean the card color doesn't bother me much, I'm pretty sure it's just one of their main colors.

FICO Scores (current as of November 24, 2020): Equifax: 740 | Experian: 751 | TransUnion: 732
Message 131 of 133
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I'm pretty skeptical about 4% dining with no fee, cap, balance requirements, or catches, lasting very long, but we'll see how it plays out. Maybe they will get enough people paying interest or using it for non category spending, but if not, not sure how sustainable it will be.

The problem is some of these rewards cards are really only well known on communities like this, and the general public who uses one or two cards for everything is unlikely to know about it...so the bank is left with mostly reward maximizers. But we'll see.

Message 132 of 133
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@kdm31091 wrote:

I'm pretty skeptical about 4% dining with no fee, cap, balance requirements, or catches, lasting very long, but we'll see how it plays out. Maybe they will get enough people paying interest or using it for non category spending, but if not, not sure how sustainable it will be.

The problem is some of these rewards cards are really only well known on communities like this, and the general public who uses one or two cards for everything is unlikely to know about it...so the bank is left with mostly reward maximizers. But we'll see.

US Bank did not rely on CC offerings as much as other major lenders.  

It's not like you've ever seen a commercial on TV or in print, and they dont pay blogger folk to peddle their cards. 

They were by far more focused on existing customers with DDAs and/or investments. 

Perhaps this is their attempt to make them more appealing to broader audiences. 

Message 133 of 133
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.