Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Altitude Reserve: inqs

tag
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: US Bank Altitude Reserve: inqs

Update: called US Bank earlier this morning for status on my checking account and they directed me to lending. After 15-20 mins they denied my application because there is no banking/branch offices here in Texas so they are hard on the geo-restrictions if you're not already a customer. They did tell had there been offices in Texas they could have made some exception but it was not to be in my case. Next best thing for me is to apply for the Cash+, open the checking account and weigh pros/cons on an immediate app for the AR once eligible or wait it out for a bit.

Message 21 of 64
shoegal
Valued Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

Update: called US Bank earlier this morning for status on my checking account and they directed me to lending. After 15-20 mins they denied my application because there is no banking/branch offices here in Texas so they are hard on the geo-restrictions if you're not already a customer. They did tell had there been offices in Texas they could have made some exception but it was not to be in my case. Next best thing for me is to apply for the Cash+, open the checking account and weigh pros/cons on an immediate app for the AR once eligible or wait it out for a bit.

That’s good info, Simply! I’m also trying to figured out the right way to get to the AR.

I was going to try Jago’s strategy, next. He open a savings account and he put like $300 on it then he started getting email offers for cards and I think he prequal for the Cash+ in a few days.

Message 22 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplynoir wrote:

Texas 

What I find odd about this is that they'll issue cards here in TX w/o there being a branch and then let you turn around and add a Checking/Savings account but, you still haven't moved into their service area.

I got the same geo issue with a couple of other banks and worked my way around them by being able to open checking/savings accounts online to open up the CC apps for them online vs having to go to a branch.  I ended up with the INQ and no cards from them because they're not local enough.  I thought I had a fighting chance on once because they did have 1 single branch in TX but, it wasn't close enough to qualify.

Message 23 of 64
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

As I have a Cash+, looks like I can open a bank account, and they have joint ones.   So.... if I open one with my daughter, will that be enough for her to get the AR I wonder!

Message 24 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplynoirthere is hope ... US Bank has stated they now have Federal permission to expand their footprint. States they have planned to expand into in the 2019-2020 years are North Carolina, Florida, Georgia and Texas. USB hopes to get Charlotte NC as their first expansion during the summer of 2019 with a goal of 80 new offices. Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 64
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

As I have a Cash+, looks like I can open a bank account, and they have joint ones.   So.... if I open one with my daughter, will that be enough for her to get the AR I wonder!

Be the data point for us all! 🤞🏼

Message 26 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

I think it should technically be possible to get around the issue of being a customer to get an AR.  

Message 27 of 64
Caught750
Valued Contributor

I don’t understand, AR is worth any hoops you need to jump through several times over. A work around though? Why? As INCREDIBLE as AR is, Cash+ is a GREAT card as well! I can’t even keep up with what I’ve been getting back from it! Frankly, I consider them to be a pair and use Cash+ for utilities and cell phone bill only. That thought process pays the remaining AF ($75) on AR more than once a year!

As far as dealing with US Bank, and their UW, I’ve never had an issue. Sure getting a bank account is great if you’re in their footprint (I tried this route first as well). They don’t do pre approvals online anymore either but if you cool your heels for 3 or 4 months to get Cash+ you can open an account. With a credit and depository relationship everything has been smooth sailing and they have been much less conservative!

I get that OP is looking to fast track but regarding the multiple other posts the above is IME and IMHO only, YMMV. That said US Bank is most definitely worth it!
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 28 of 64
Remedios
Credit Mentor

How is LLT's effort to help his daughter get a card she needs without getting one she may have no use for "fast tracking"?

If he was trying to fast track it, she'd probably have Cash+ by now.
Message 29 of 64
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Caught750 wrote:
I don’t understand, AR is worth any hoops you need to jump through several times over. A work around though? Why? As INCREDIBLE as AR is, Cash+ is a GREAT card as well! I can’t even keep up with what I’ve been getting back from it! Frankly, I consider them to be a pair and use Cash+ for utilities and cell phone bill only. That thought process pays the remaining AF ($75) on AR more than once a year!

Oh, I have 2 cash+ cards and agree they are useful (but post-nerf the max reward is $400 a year  so not getting that excited!) but it has a 3% FTF and so wouldn't be very useful for someone living abroad (over a 2% no-FTF card)

Message 30 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.