Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Altitude Reserve: inqs

tag
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank Altitude Reserve: inqs

He explains that in the OP. As I said, I understand his desire to do so. It makes sense and there are multiple familial relationships with US Bank. In his position I’d simply call them and speak with someone who can give solid answers on the matter. There simply isn’t time for her to spend months on getting it. Several other conversations split off regarding others getting the card. My response was in regards to that. If you can’t open a depository acct due to footprint it is 100% worth going through the other steps

PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 31 of 64
Caught750
Valued Contributor

LTL, I’m sorry if you thought I was referencing you. There were multiple spin offs with others. I also understand it’s not useful for her. I’d imagine with familial USB relationships she should be eligible with little tweaks. I’d reach out and see if someone from USB can give you a solid answer! It’s a fantastic card!
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 32 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@shoegal wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

Update: called US Bank earlier this morning for status on my checking account and they directed me to lending. After 15-20 mins they denied my application because there is no banking/branch offices here in Texas so they are hard on the geo-restrictions if you're not already a customer. They did tell had there been offices in Texas they could have made some exception but it was not to be in my case. Next best thing for me is to apply for the Cash+, open the checking account and weigh pros/cons on an immediate app for the AR once eligible or wait it out for a bit.

That’s good info, Simply! I’m also trying to figured out the right way to get to the AR.

I was going to try Jago’s strategy, next. He open a savings account and he put like $300 on it then he started getting email offers for cards and I think he prequal for the Cash+ in a few days.

That's exactly what happened. I have a branch 45 minutes away, but in another state, so i have been geo-denied on other products. I went in and started the savings, just enough to avoid fees, and I had a Pre-Qual for Cash+ in a few days and card was approved with a 5.5k limit about 5 or so days after that. I was lucky enough to not get the 500SL and recon deal. Could have been the savings already opened?  They have been good to work with so far, and i just had an SP CLI to 8k last week too. 

Message 33 of 64
Remedios
Credit Mentor

If one opens Cash+, there will be a wait to to apply for AR anyway.
With checking, the wait is in days vs. months, and we dont know when she's supposed to be leaving.
( I get the part where that's not an option for her)

If there is a workaround in opening checking, it will come with less waiting time than anything else.
Cash+ is useless while she lives abroad, unless LLT needs a third one.
It's not just opening Cash+, it's actually using it if the desired result is approval of the next card.
Getting it and putting in SD does not seem like a viable option

Message 34 of 64
Caught750
Valued Contributor

It most certainly is, at least it was in my case. I barely used my Cash+ beyond the SUB until after I got Altitude Reserve. I also had maybe $50 in checking there as well until after I got Altitude Reserve. Again as I stated this is IME and YMMV. All I can pass on is what I experienced.

Again, I understand LTLs position. Several others are discussing obtaining the card which is why I provided my experience going the long route.

Again IME, once you have a relationship with them (substantial by any measure or not) they are unlike any other FI (CU included) I’ve dealt with. Customer Service (esp on Altitude line) better than Discover, Amex Gold, or CSP and decent SLs. I honestly wish they were in PA so I could easily use them as my primary FI!
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 35 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank says a customer relationship of five days is a qualifier (used to be more like 35 days) for the AR. Now I do not have a definition of a customer relationship. Would think virtually any product would satisfy the definition. USB is very good at working with folks that are customers however they obtained said relationship. Speak with experience. Openned an account and get a pre-qual USB Cash+ Card a few days later in the mail (officially app'ed and waited two calendar days for approval with a decent limit).

Message 36 of 64
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

So, did the first step and opened a joint bank account, and put in $25.   Got an email and then a phone call from our account manager, introducing himself as someone who will help with any issues we have with our Gold checking.     Who needs private banking when $25 can get their attention!

Message 37 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

That $25 will dwindle quickly since they charge $14.95/mo w/o a CC to waive the fee Smiley Wink

Message 38 of 64
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That $25 will dwindle quickly since they charge $14.95/mo w/o a CC to waive the fee Smiley Wink

Right, but I have a CC.   I was prepared to open the basic account and keep $1,500 there for a while to avoid the fee, but this is much cheaper.

And, to show good faith, I even deposited this month's cash+ rewards into the account so now it's a massive $118  (THAT explains the call as we are now talking big money!)

Message 39 of 64
Remedios
Credit Mentor

You're a treasure, LLT Smiley LOL

Message 40 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.