tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus
127 REPLIES 127
rlx01
Established Contributor

Re: US Bank Amex's

What's a FlexPoint worth? 1c?

If so... Not sure what the point is vs Arrival/Arrival+.
Message 2 of 128
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I really don't see anything special w/regards to them other then no FTF and apparently no annual fee....  Applying on the premium travel one appears to get your 400 travel credit.  dunno, haven't read through it all yet.  

Message 3 of 128
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Interesting though I've heard US Bank can be really really conservative with their approval requirements.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 4 of 128
Ron1
Super Contributor

It is similar to Penfed Travel American Express. I thought they were going to come out another Cash+ Amex.

Ron.
Message 5 of 128
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Ya I doubt I would get approved for it currently other then my banking relationship.  Figured I just happened to run across it while I was online banking and pass it along since I have heard chatter about the new offerings of the Amex that was coming out and this appears to be them.

Message 6 of 128
chalupaman
Super Contributor

I also just noticed the first version of the card comes with double FlexPoints on cell phone expenses. That's sort of tempting me a bit along with that sign up offer.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 7 of 128
Ron1
Super Contributor

You need to get $49 to have no foreign fee and extra bonus. It is not cash back card. They already have it on Visa and business Visa.

Ron.
Message 8 of 128
Ron1
Super Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

I also just noticed the first version of the card comes with double FlexPoints on cell phone expenses. That's sort of tempting me a bit along with that sign up offer.

Don't forget about AF. You need to use enough to offset the AF after a year of no AF.

Ron.

Message 9 of 128
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:
It is similar to Penfed Travel American Express. I thought they were going to come out another Cash+ Amex.

Ron.

Wishful thinking but I'm afraid US Bank has no interest in that since they are already nerfing the Cash+ as it is. And to think this card was once at the very top to go after in a few months for me. I have their bland Cash Rewards CC w/$2000 limit that i yet to get a CLI on since 2012 Smiley Surprised

As a personal experiment i have been carrying a nonstop balance the entire duration with them however Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 128
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.