@sandman2435 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@B335is wrote:
Did anyone apply yet? US Bank has given me 3 cards this year, 1 hasn't even arrived yet, so i doubt they'll give me a 4th card lol.

Ron did you apply??

Yes, he applied and, unfortunately, was not approved Smiley Sad

I already have 2 CCs with them but I'm gonna hold off.  My recent newbies would definitely have them go *poof* if I apply.

Finstar,

I should have applied for Diners Club. Smiley Happy

Ron.

There is still time Ron.  Let's that app started ...shall we? Smiley Tongue

I need to recover from this. Smiley Sad

Ron.

I'm thinking that if you are approved for Diners Premier, it will make the US Bank look like a pebble hitting a battleship.  How is your TU looking?  I know you've recently opened some newbies but I'm fairly certain they haven't reported?  Just think how the DC Premier would compliment your Professional Card!  Smiley Wink

I think I can get approved for Diners Club. I have 0 TU INQs.  Some of new accounts recently reported to TU. I hope they are not as conservative as US Bank. I think those 130+ accounts acared them off. It overload their approval system.

Ron.

Ron, I have 80 and it did not scare diners at least one bit lol, they gave me 2 accounts at 40K each, Now for US Bank,they won't touch me at all, I have 800 plus on TU and still can not get in with US Bank

sandman,

I thought you have more accounts than me. I don't think you want to go for it. I haven't seen anyone getting approved. I alost could get any card I wanted except a few.

Ron.

Ron, i don't have many store cards,I have 80 visa,mastercard,amex, lol..I have only one store card...best buySmiley Tongue

Sandman,

You don't need too many store card unless you want to finance stuff. Best Buy card is a good card to have. Which one did you get? MC or store card.

Ron.

Message 81 of 128
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: US Bank Amex's

@Ron1 wrote:

@sandman2435 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@sandman2435 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@B335is wrote:
Did anyone apply yet? US Bank has given me 3 cards this year, 1 hasn't even arrived yet, so i doubt they'll give me a 4th card lol.

Ron did you apply??

Yes, he applied and, unfortunately, was not approved Smiley Sad

I already have 2 CCs with them but I'm gonna hold off.  My recent newbies would definitely have them go *poof* if I apply.

Finstar,

I should have applied for Diners Club. Smiley Happy

Ron.

There is still time Ron.  Let's that app started ...shall we? Smiley Tongue

I need to recover from this. Smiley Sad

Ron.

I'm thinking that if you are approved for Diners Premier, it will make the US Bank look like a pebble hitting a battleship.  How is your TU looking?  I know you've recently opened some newbies but I'm fairly certain they haven't reported?  Just think how the DC Premier would compliment your Professional Card!  Smiley Wink

I think I can get approved for Diners Club. I have 0 TU INQs.  Some of new accounts recently reported to TU. I hope they are not as conservative as US Bank. I think those 130+ accounts acared them off. It overload their approval system.

Ron.

Ron, I have 80 and it did not scare diners at least one bit lol, they gave me 2 accounts at 40K each, Now for US Bank,they won't touch me at all, I have 800 plus on TU and still can not get in with US Bank

sandman,

I thought you have more accounts than me. I don't think you want to go for it. I haven't seen anyone getting approved. I alost could get any card I wanted except a few.

Ron.

Ron, i don't have many store cards,I have 80 visa,mastercard,amex, lol..I have only one store card...best buySmiley Tongue

Sandman,

You don't need too many store card unless you want to finance stuff. Best Buy card is a good card to have. Which one did you get? MC or store card.

Ron.

Sandman is correct.  I have about 10 store cards but the majority of my CCs are Visa, MC, Discover, AMEX.  So, a total of about ~60 CCs (still pruning a few), and Diners Premier was approved less than a couple weeks ago (and you remember the whole ordeal with that) and NASA FCU almost a month ago.  So, I believe you can still get Diners Premier Ron Smiley Tongue

Message 82 of 128
chalupaman
Super Contributor

And I thought I felt like I had many with just over 10 cards and I just closed one today. 130? Wow.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 83 of 128
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chalupaman wrote:

And I thought I felt like I had many with just over 10 cards and I just closed one today. 130? Wow.

Between the Wife and I we have about 20 yet.

Message 84 of 128
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@chalupaman wrote:

I think it's 130+... I know it's double what I have or basically a little over from what B335is has and what I currently have Smiley Tongue

Message 85 of 128
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Ron.

I think your report easily overloads MOST lenders systems but thank goodness surely a lot of your current lenders have already made the proper (contingency plans) special adjustment JUST FOR YOUR APPLICATIONS Smiley Very Happy

Message 86 of 128
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

How many is many varies!    At the Ron1 (and others) level, getting these cards is more of a hobby than part of a reward-optimization strategy (how much spend can go on each of these cards to reap any real benefits, well, maybe store cards).

Message 87 of 128
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Ron.

I think your report easily overloads MOST lenders systems but thank goodness surely a lot of your current lenders have already made the proper (contingency plans) special adjustment JUST FOR YOUR APPLICATIONS Smiley Very Happy

Imagine seeing Ron's 3 in 1 credit report.  I would venture to guess it would be over 120 pages.

Message 88 of 128
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Finstar i didnt count Biz cards Smiley Happy
Message 89 of 128
sandman2435
Established Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Finstar i didnt count Biz cards Smiley Happy

I Have about 20 Business Visa, Mastercards and Amex as well lol,yes its alot to keep up with

Message 90 of 128
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.