Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank CASH+ Starting Limit: BANG APPROVED 25K

tag
Crashem
Valued Contributor

US Bank CASH+ Starting Limit: BANG APPROVED 25K

Just curious what people are seeing from US Bank for starting limits?  Also wondering how they compare to their other limits.  Trying to gauge how aggressive or not agressive they are.  If you had existing relationship with US Bank please note details on it.  I was told by rep that 25k is highest initial limit.  Anything more requires special request and tax returns from last coUple of years and much more involved application process.  Curious if this was true.  And does 25k limit without loan like approval process hold true later.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank CASH+ Starting Limits

My starting limit is 8k. No prior relationship with US Bank, score at approval 753 (TU), 1 INQ at time of approval. Highest CC limit at the time was 12K, with several other 10k limits.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 2 of 42
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Confirmed approval at 25k!!!  They pulled Equifax..My score probably like 770's-790's.  Had no existing relationship with US BANK.  This card is going to get a nice work out.  Also, opened plat. package with US Bank to get the .5% bonus rewards yesterday.  I hope they can afford to keep this card going.

Some interesting notes:  They originally approved me at 20k.  But calling at the right time (1-3 days after app) allowed me to ask for higher CL.  They had to then put the request in and for it to go back to manual underwriting for approval at 25k, but this was done using existing credit report.  Also, anything above 25k would require loan like underwriting requirements such as tax returns etc.

Message 3 of 42
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Nice...congrats!

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 4 of 42
gettnthere
Established Contributor

WOW!! thtats awesome! CONGRATS

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 42
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: US Bank CASH+ Starting Limit: BANG APPROVED 25K

Great CL CONGRATS!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 42
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Very very nice cl, congrats!. Do you know if they value their current members? I mean if it would be easier for someone with a mortgage with them to get the card.
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 7 of 42
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Oh, I'm sooooooooo jealous.

Congrats!

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 8 of 42
ArCpa
Contributor

US BANK is very customer friendly, I started out with the Platinum card last yr, recently converted it to their Sig Cash card, customer service is top notch in the mornings, but expect to be on hold during the evening hours. Their Flex Perk card is also good If you need another miles card

CC: Amex Green ( NPSL) Amex BCE ( 38.1 K ) US Bank Sig Cash ( 20K ) Pen Fed (42K) Chase Freedom ( 7.5K) Discover More (22K ) Cap 1 QSilver (10K) Barclays Rewards (9K) Care Credit (5.5k) Sears (12K) JC Pennys (6K) Dell (15K) Key Bank (19k ) Key Bank (16K) FFO (7.5 K) Shell ( 600) OCCU ( 20K ) City TY (10.5K) CSP (17.5k) Regions ( 18K )Simmons (15K) Regions BLOC (125K) Fuel Rewards MC(10K )Amex Hilton ( 23k)

TU ( MFICO 5/11/14) 812
EQ ( MFICO 5/11/14) 790
EX ( MFICO 5/11/14) 805

Message 9 of 42
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@CruzImperial wrote:
Very very nice cl, congrats!. Do you know if they value their current members? I mean if it would be easier for someone with a mortgage with them to get the card.

It seems like credit card division is off by itself, but I have heard from other US Bank customers that they seem to value prior relationship.  Can't help but help.  I think your scores are fine to get approved, BUT the question is whether or not you can hit the 5k limit needed for CASH+ card.  Might be worth trying but be prepared for just plain CASH card and look for upgrade in 6 months.  Also, do what I did and call and see where your app is in process at 18009471444.  You can catch them before app is done, but after you have gotten approval and limit.  If limit or approval isn't what you want, then ask for what you want and give your reasoning and they will send it back for manual review.  Call everyday if you have to and talk to representative as their info is more detailed than automated system.

Message 10 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.