Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank CASH+ Starting Limit: BANG APPROVED 25K

tag
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Re: US Bank CASH+ Starting Limit: BANG APPROVED 25K

I guess I should be thankful for what I have.  I'm still just starting out in the credit game. BTW is the 1.5% for the gold or platinum checking accounts if redeemed over $100?

Sorry for off topic.

The 2% Barclays is also on my radar and I'm willing to bet they would give me over 5K Smiley Indifferent.  Looks like a pretty cool card though10% off NYOP and $50 sign up bonus.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 21 of 42
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

I guess I should be thankful for what I have.  I'm still just starting out in the credit game. BTW is the 1.5% for the gold or platinum checking accounts if redeemed over $100?

Sorry for off topic.

You have a nice set of cards there, keep them going with good history and you'll be ready for US Bank in no time!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 22 of 42
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

Just curious what people are seeing from US Bank for starting limits?  Also wondering how they compare to their other limits.  Trying to gauge how aggressive or not agressive they are.  If you had existing relationship with US Bank please note details on it.  I was told by rep that 25k is highest initial limit.  Anything more requires special request and tax returns from last coUple of years and much more involved application process.  Curious if this was true.  And does 25k limit without loan like approval process hold true later.

I applied and got approved for the Cash+ Visa Signature just about a month ago.  They pulled EX and my score was 741.  My starting limit is $12,500 and this is now my highest limit.   The highest limits I had at the time of app were $10.1k with BofA (started out as MBNA), and $9.6k with Amex, so US Bank definitely beat 'em.  I do have an existing relationship with US Bank as we have had a checking account with them for over 18 years.  But they are not our only bank - we also have bank accounts with BofA and Wells Fargo.

I have had most of my credit cards for over 20 years and never thought of asking for CLI's until I joined MyFICO forums and started reading.  Received my first and only CLI on my Amex Optima in May - went from $4.1k to $9.6k (too chicken to ask for the full 3x!).  I won't hesitate to ask for the full 3x in the future!

Congratulations on your new card and great limit!! 

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 23 of 42
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

Sorry for off topic.

The 2% Barclays is also on my radar and I'm willing to bet they would give me over 5K Smiley Indifferent.  Looks like a pretty cool card though10% off NYOP and $50 sign up bonus.

I believe the 125 gift card for 100 dollar is eligible for all accounts.  I believe the .25 or .5 bonus in on top of that.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 24 of 42
LilNYC
New Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

@flowfaster wrote:

Thanks for your reply.  I have a feeling us bank is not going to give me 5K  Smiley Sad .  I'm going to try for an Amex CLI at 6 months from my last one before I apply and hopefully have a 5 digit line by then.  I would hate to end up with a 2K 1% CC I don't need and hope for PC.  hmm... US Bank you are killing me here. 

Good point.  But with the bonus from $125 to 100 and Gold package .25% bonus (.5% if you can manage 25k savings), even the 1% card turns into 1.5% card.

Sort of off topic but isn't the US Bank flex cadh (or whatever they call it) only a .50% card? Unless I"m reading it wrong it only  earns 1 pt for every $2. Even with the gold banking package it doesn't hit 1%.

congrats on the card. Weird, I always thought u had the US Bank card already, guess I just see you mention it a lot in your posts. Also, thanks for the info on the silver package .25% bonus/ no fees w/ auo pay. Def. makes this card even more enticing!

Citi Thank You $13,200 - Chase Freedom $3,100 - AMEX Zync NPSL (init. ability $17.5K) - Citi Forward $7,000 - AMEX BCP $6,000 - USAA Rate Adv $15,000 - USAA World MC $12,000 - Discover More $4,000 - Amex Hilton Honors $4,500 - Amex SPG $2,000 - Barclay's Priceline Rewards $6,400 - Chase Sapphire Pref. $7,500

EQ: 794. TU: 704. EX: 755
Message 25 of 42
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Actually I was making same mistake.  Package that is .25% is gold package.  Platinum is .5% but 25k deposit for no fees.

Message 26 of 42
amac373
Established Member

I have been debating on whether I should apply for this card or not. I like it because it would be the last piece in my collection to have all essential spending categories covered for cash back such as restaurants. I have Discover More, Chase Freedom, and BOA Cash Rewards. I just recently got the BOA about a month ago and am sitting on my hands trying not to apply for this. BOA pulled TU so should I just pull the trigger and apply for Cash+?

Message 27 of 42
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@amac373 wrote:

I have been debating on whether I should apply for this card or not. I like it because it would be the last piece in my collection to have all essential spending categories covered for cash back such as restaurants. I have Discover More, Chase Freedom, and BOA Cash Rewards. I just recently got the BOA about a month ago and am sitting on my hands trying not to apply for this. BOA pulled TU so should I just pull the trigger and apply for Cash+?

no idea.   What's your fico score looking like?  Has bofa started reporting to bureaus?  If not, apping now would be the same as before aside from inquiry which is minor ding.

Message 28 of 42
darkpearl
Regular Contributor

USBank is sensitive to inq's. Originally I was approved for the flex card at $5k, I have a score in the mid 700s, no baddies, just some inq's from some cards I have opened this year and gotten CLI's on. I did speak with someone who managed to convert my card for me which was great. So now I have the cash+ at $5k, which is my highest limit (my BofA is $4.5k and Cap1 will stay at $3k I assume). I am going to garden for a while because USBank is so sensitive, I do not know if they are like Barclays but better safe than sorry Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 42
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@darkpearl wrote:

USBank is sensitive to inq's. Originally I was approved for the flex card at $5k, I have a score in the mid 700s, no baddies, just some inq's from some cards I have opened this year and gotten CLI's on. I did speak with someone who managed to convert my card for me which was great. So now I have the cash+ at $5k, which is my highest limit (my BofA is $4.5k and Cap1 will stay at $3k I assume). I am going to garden for a while because USBank is so sensitive, I do not know if they are like Barclays but better safe than sorry Smiley Happy

Did you call backdoor number?

Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.