Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank CASH+ Starting Limit: BANG APPROVED 25K

tag
darkpearl
Regular Contributor

Re: US Bank CASH+ Starting Limit: BANG APPROVED 25K

It was an interesting journey. The day I got the card, I called the backdoor number from this board and said I wanted to cancel the card when they (1) would not upgrade it and (2) would not tell me why I was denied. So then the person who they transferred me to (to cancel the card/try to retain me) said she would upgrade me in a month. She said it was probably just the inq's why I was denied the cash+. I had not heard anything from her (she said she would call) I called and the new rep I got said there were no upgrades on my account. I was super mad but decided just to keep the card for 6 months like she suggested. Then a month later my cash+ card came unexpectedly in the mail. So... If you have inq's.... Just wait to avoid all that.

Message 31 of 42
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Hey Crashem, I pulled the trigger with a frozen ex. Got the 7-10 day reply. I checked usaa and no inq has showed up. I thought they would pull eq but they must have tried to pull ex. Lol well no harm done.
Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 32 of 42
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Sounds like they tried to pull EX, are you going to unfreeze it?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 33 of 42
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:
Hey Crashem, I pulled the trigger with a frozen ex. Got the 7-10 day reply. I checked usaa and no inq has showed up. I thought they would pull eq but they must have tried to pull ex. Lol well no harm done.
Very few people get instant approval for this card. It is the holiday weekend, so the INQ prob just has not shown up yet. When I apped, they pulled TU. I am in MI.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 34 of 42
flowfaster
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

No I don't think I will, I have double digit inq's on EX.  I will wait till December like I first planned to unfreeze my EX.  I just couldn't help myself. lol

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 35 of 42
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats crashem. Nice card nice limit. Its nice to see a fellow forum member rewarded with a great product by doing all the right things.

Good job Smiley Happy
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 36 of 42
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

No I don't think I will, I have double digit inq's on EX.  I will wait till December like I first planned to unfreeze my EX.  I just couldn't help myself. lol

I hear ya!!! I want to app for Citi but I want to meet my garden goals and be prepared to get the highest CL possible. I'm hoping i'm not blacklisted. by 7/13 I should be a go!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 37 of 42
flowfaster
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@flowfaster wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

I hear ya!!! I want to app for Citi but I want to meet my garden goals and be prepared to get the highest CL possible. I'm hoping i'm not blacklisted. by 7/13 I should be a go!

I want citi too.  What product are you thinking of apping for?

Message 38 of 42
Woolfman
Established Contributor

I just wanted to chime in.. There is alot of info being tossed around and wanted to toss in my experience. Score was 715.. The inq's issue.. I think i have 15 (8 i think are from one car buying trip) .  Utility .. I am at 16% last time i checked. (an ashley furniture card 3800/6200  Matress firm  4500/5700  and Nfcu 14.9k/20k But we have been working hard and have paid down close to 7k in credit card debt the last 3 months ) I have quite a few cards  citi at 17.5k , amex gold and blue cash preferred 3.6k , discover 3.6k, psecu combo 20k , boa amex 7.5k(just to name a few) My AAOA is 2.6 yrs. Not the prettiest but  they still gave me a 7.5k CL

Message 39 of 42
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Well I just checked and they did end up pulling eq. OMG Im nervous.
Message 40 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.