Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank CC or DCU CC

tag
chnceit
Valued Contributor

US Bank CC or DCU CC

Which company would you choose if you were going to app for one of their CCs and why?

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: US Bank CC or DCU CC

I would apply for DCU because they're generous for CC's CL. I also like their EQ FICO.  

@chnceit wrote:

Which company would you choose if you were going to app for one of their CCs and why?

Message 2 of 10
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Hmmmm, both!!

You know I just got these cards/accounts.  US Bank is my primary bank.  Got a $10K Visa and 2 wks later, got a $15K Premier LOC.  I really like how that LOC is setup.

It's like I have a separate checking account with $15K sitting in it to be used at my discretion.  I'll be getting checks for the LOC account, along with another VISA card....that's my understanding anyway.

I can transfer money from the LOC to my primary checking account if I ever had to.  That's a nice feature.  Interest is low...9.25% for me.

DCU, $10k as well. 8.5%.  They also said I qualified for a $25K auto loan another $5k card if I wanted it.  I passed.

2 HP's, I wasn't too fond of that.  I haven't used the card yet.

I'm partial to US Bank.  They're close to me and open late on Saturdays and open on Sundays.

They both pulled EQ, Ohio.

Message 3 of 10
chnceit
Valued Contributor

I like the free FICO from DCU, but dislike the CSR from stories I read on here

I like US Bank because of the CC products and LOC, but think they might very conserative and deny me

So I torn! But I promise not to app Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 10
racer-x
Valued Contributor

I may have been denied or given a much lower CL if they had pulled TU or EX.  I've been focuing on EQ friendly lenders.  Smiley Happy

US Bank denied me about 9 mos ago.  But I've gained at least 100 pts on EQ since then.  Don't know what they pulled then. 

Message 5 of 10
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@racer-x wrote:

I may have been denied or given a much lower CL if they had pulled TU or EX.  I've been focuing on EQ friendly lenders.  Smiley Happy

US Bank denied me about 9 mos ago.  But I've gained at least 100 pts on EQ since then.  Don't know what they pulled then. 

They pulled EQ so I may have a chance since my EQ and TU seem to be higher in scores. 

Decision, decisions Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 10
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Ive never dealed with credit unions but my family has a us bank card and they are great when it comes to customer service PLUS seems lke they are very honest and know what they are doing. You hardly EVER hear bad stuff about us bank.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 7 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I talk to my financial institutions staff so rarely I don't even consider it a significant factor.

If you need a CU relationship, DCU is a good one to have. That's especially true of the auto lending right now.

If you're looking for anything beyond a farming tradeline for a card, US Bank is probably a better choice if you want a good CC in the future. DCU just isn't competitive on that front.

        
Message 8 of 10
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Thanks Rev and Bears!

I am really not looking to build a relationship with another CU since I acquired PenFed and I am part of a local CU here in my home state. I am good with CUs.

I may go with US Bank because I rather have my credit pulled twice for two credit products instead of one CC and for membership.

US Bank does seem that they know what they are doing

Message 9 of 10
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

no problem and good luck!!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.