Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ CLIs

tag
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

US Bank Cash+ CLIs

My Cash+ SL is/was a measly 1k. I was wondering when is the earliest I could ask for a CLI. Also, how do I make sure it’s a SP? Do I need to call them? There’s no luv button online so I assume so. Does US Bank tend to allow CLIs before a year has elapsed? I’ve had the card for only about 5 months. Any advice/experiences would be greatly helpful! I like this card but if it’s bucketed I may have to axe it....
TIA!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Cash+ CLIs

6 months and then call 1-866-659-6801 unless the CLI request option appears on your account. 

The CLI will be HP for a request over $1500 which may be worth it to you or not. There are reports that the $1500 limit is no longer solid though and you can get a HP for anything or a SP for anything. 

Message 2 of 7
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

With usage they have been pretty good about giving cli's every 9 to 12 months for me.  They are pretty conservative but a pretty good product if you can hang on to it.

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

$ years ago my Fred Meyer Rewards card(US Bank) SL was only like $600-1K, with use and a little time it became $4K. It's now at $8K CL.

I've never self requested a CLI. They were all automatic, well if I accepted the increase link from an email. 

I would say that US Bank differs from banks like Amex, where they can seem very giving and generous at tiems with CLIs. Whith no HP and every 6 months. While US Bank can seen more reserved with a tight grip on thier purse.

Based on your SL, I'd say that a CLI wouldn't be worth a HP. The difficulty is making it a primary card with such a low limit, perhaps put $500 through it each month for 6 months and PIF. 

Message 4 of 7
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

US Bank gave me a generous auto cli at 8 months on my Cash+

I also have the Fred Meyer MC, requested & granted a cli of $1500. with SP.

It was only about a week later they auto increased my Cash+,  SL was $8000, cli of $4000 so they are good at auto clis.

I've read the same from others around the forum. 

Normally you're safe to request $1500 or less with a SP but YMMV and with the tester SL it's possible they might want to HP you for another peek at your CR.

Good Luck.. aaa1 Good Luck.gif

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

In September of 2017, US Bank gave me an unsolicited credit limit increase from 13.5k to 18k. Under Customer Service-Self Service-Manage My Account it shows "credit limit increase" but a credit limit increase option is not available when I go to that menu.  I started with US Bank at 5k or so in May of 2014.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got a 9 year old card, and a 2 month old card from US Bank.

The CLI option is there on the 9 year old card, it isn't for the 2 month old.

Just letting you know that in some instances, it is still there.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.