cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash + Changes and New Cards June 20th.

tag
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

US Bank Cash + Changes and New Cards June 20th.

A change is happening to the Cash + program that for once, I think the myFICO community will like. (Hint: It's not a nerf Smiley Wink)

After June 20th, no matter what credit limit you are approved for, you will receive the Cash + reward structure. They are doing away with the Cash Rewards down sell.

===============================================================

They will also be revealing two new American Express cards.

1 will be a 1.5% CB card similar to FU, QS, etc. (No Annual Fee)

The other will be a new Amex Travel Flexperks Card. 

30,000 Flexpoints signup bonus (Up to $600 Value)

3 Flexpoints on Dinning

2 Flexpoints on gas and air travel

1 Flexpoint on everything else

TSA Precheck credit ($100 value)

$85 Annual Fee

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 1 of 115
114 REPLIES 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Cash + Changes and New Cards June 20th.

This is certainly interesting news and is definitely wonderful for people who don't have the card already!

I, as a current Cash+ cardholder, am a bit worried about this change though, because I wonder if the Cash+ will be able to sustain the choose-two-5%-category structure long-term if they are offering to everyone. 

Message 2 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

@14Fiesta wrote:

A change is happening to the Cash + program that for once, I think the myFICO community will like. (Hint: It's not a nerf Smiley Wink)

After June 20th, no matter what credit limit you are approved for, you will receive the Cash + reward structure. They are doing away with the Cash Rewards down sell.

They will also be revealing two new American Express cards.

1 will be a 1.5% CB card similar to FU, QS, etc. (No Annual Fee)

The other will be a new Amex Travel Flexperks Card. 

30,000 Flexpoints signup bonus (Up to $600 Value)

3 Flexpoints on Dinning

2 Flexpoints on gas and air travel

1 Flexpoint on everything else

TSA Precheck credit ($100 value)

$85 Annual Fee

If only they would upgrade everyone who already have Cash Rewards.

Message 3 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't seen much exciting new cards releasing this year, like any card with 5% CB on groceries. I guess this is the way US bank wants to make its cards shine again Smiley Happy Maybe after a long-term experiments, they found Cash+ doesn't make they bankrupt... 

Message 4 of 115
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I haven't seen much exciting new cards releasing this year, like any card with 5% CB on groceries. I guess this is the way US bank wants to make its cards shine again Smiley Happy Maybe after a long-term experiments, they found Cash+ doesn't make they bankrupt... 

Or rather, through enough nerfing, they now have a reward structure that doesn't make them bankrupt!

Message 5 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course they announce this after I somewhat purposely opened a 5k card with them with the intention of combining with my useless Cash Rewards to make a limit large enough to PC to the Cash+ that I originally applied for...... grumble grumble....

Message 6 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well this sucks. A lot. (apped for cash +, got cash rewards earlier this year) 

Message 7 of 115
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

So what does this mean for those who already have the Cash Rewards card? I just recently got denied a CLI on my USBank Cash Rewards card. And is there a source? Can't find anything on the USBank website and nothing on google.

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filed-September 2020 Discharged-December 2020
Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Capital One Auto Loan (Opened March 2021)
Capital One Cabela's $5000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
America First Credit Union Visa $1000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
Capital One SavorOne $5000 Limit (Opened September 2022)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Idaho Central Credit Union ICCU Visa $10,000 Limit (Opened April 2023)
Message 8 of 115
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Believe when I see it. US Banks idea of exciting is putting chocolate syrup on thier vanilla ice cream.
Message 9 of 115
deltatee
Frequent Contributor

This is really quite good news!  I wonder if the practical effect will be people with small limits on the cash plus or just more flat denials.  It would seem to me that it might be easier for people with cash rewards to PC to the cash plus without first having to get a CLI.  Time will tell.

Message 10 of 115
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.