cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash + Changes and New Cards June 20th.

tag
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash + Changes and New Cards June 20th.

@Anonymous wrote:
I was able to "convert" my Cash rewards to Cash+ Platinum Visa over the phone. At first, she advised me to close my Cash Rewards and then apply for the Cash+ Platinum Visa 😱

Waiting for the card. I think the rep said 7-10 business days.

@Anonymous wrote:

THANK YOU FOR THAT EDIT! I just tried logging on through that site to choose my categories and it worked. (Cash rewards pc to plat cash+) 

Thought I had to wait for the card.

Messaged them on facebook, a few hours later someone called me then said they would forward it to the appropriate person in the right department and said they would contact me in a few business days. They call me and tell me it won't show it as a Cash+ until the next statement period begins, but you immediately start earning the points with your current card. And they don't send you a new card, just keep using your Cash Rewards card. Only time they send a new card is if yours is about to expire or you report it as lost or stolen. She said they're suppose to explain it to you when you do the upgrade but they did not to me and apologized for the confusion.

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filed-September 2020 Discharged-December 2020
Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Capital One Auto Loan (Opened March 2021)
Capital One Cabela's $5000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
America First Credit Union Visa $1000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
Capital One SavorOne $5000 Limit (Opened September 2022)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Idaho Central Credit Union ICCU Visa $10,000 Limit (Opened April 2023)
Message 111 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Royalbacon wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I was able to "convert" my Cash rewards to Cash+ Platinum Visa over the phone. At first, she advised me to close my Cash Rewards and then apply for the Cash+ Platinum Visa 😱

Waiting for the card. I think the rep said 7-10 business days.

@Anonymous wrote:

THANK YOU FOR THAT EDIT! I just tried logging on through that site to choose my categories and it worked. (Cash rewards pc to plat cash+) 

Thought I had to wait for the card.

Messaged them on facebook, a few hours later someone called me then said they would forward it to the appropriate person in the right department and said they would contact me in a few business days. They call me and tell me it won't show it as a Cash+ until the next statement period begins, but you immediately start earning the points with your current card. And they don't send you a new card, just keep using your Cash Rewards card. Only time they send a new card is if yours is about to expire or you report it as lost or stolen. She said they're suppose to explain it to you when you do the upgrade but they did not to me and apologized for the confusion.

Wow....they did not explain ANY of that to me when I PC'd. I don't blame them though since this is a new procedure for them probably. Thanks for taking the time to post that. 

Message 112 of 115
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

Yeah they didn't explain any of that to me either hence why I contacted them through facebook (For some reason I tend to get better service by going through facebook)

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filed-September 2020 Discharged-December 2020
Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Capital One Auto Loan (Opened March 2021)
Capital One Cabela's $5000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
America First Credit Union Visa $1000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
Capital One SavorOne $5000 Limit (Opened September 2022)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Idaho Central Credit Union ICCU Visa $10,000 Limit (Opened April 2023)
Message 113 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apped for the Cash+ tonight. Got the 7-10 message and then the automated system via phone said I was denied. Glad the crap rewards card is out now. Going to recon with a human tomorrow for a low SL and see what they say. If no go I'll ask for the Cash 365 AmEx, see if they bite. I reckon it's my thin file that they don't like. Will report back!
Message 114 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Apped for the Cash+ tonight. Got the 7-10 message and then the automated system via phone said I was denied. Glad the crap rewards card is out now. Going to recon with a human tomorrow for a low SL and see what they say. If no go I'll ask for the Cash 365 AmEx, see if they bite. I reckon it's my thin file that they don't like. Will report back!
Called in, 2 reps told me the same thing, that they need at least 6 mo payment history on my 3 new accounts before a real consideration. Tried a third time, got a nice man who put me in for a manual review, no mention of the 6 mo at all. I said to note that a low SL is totally fine. Said to call back Friday. Grrr just wanna get my 5%!
Message 115 of 115
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.