cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash + New Account Spend Bonus and APR Manual Change Success!

tag
skorpyo3
Frequent Contributor

US Bank Cash + New Account Spend Bonus and APR Manual Change Success!

Hi fellow Fico members. I'd like to share the great success I've had after approval of my Cash + Visa.

I was prequalified online on 11/12/17 for 3 cards. The offer was 15 months 0% APR on purchases & BT, $100 cash bonus on $500 spend within first 90 days, and APR of 16.99%. When I went to apply, the link was down.  I ended up applying cold without using the prequalification link, assuming terms would be the same. Approval was not instant and took about 4-5 days. I called UW for decision. CL $10,000, 0% APR was for 12 months on BT only not purchases, no cash bonus, and 19.99% APR. Obviously, I wasn't happy, so I mentioned my prequalification offer to UW, and was told they could not change approval terms. I thought I'd give a try with customer service, and was told the same, however one rep did advise me to go to my local branch, since I happened to screenshot my original offer. I followed his advice, and at the same time, opened up a free Gold checking acct(benefit for cardholders). I worked with the branch manager. I emailed the screenshot to him while in his office, and he submitted everything for reconsideration. He informed me that another customer encountered the same issue, and he was able to get them their original offer. After 2 weeks, I was finally approved for the original offer, as well as 1% lower on my APR...15.99%. US Bank really came through, and it's nice to see that humans actually can make changes! I highly recommend this card and bank. You can choose two 5%, and one 2%, plus 1% catergies on all other purchases, with .05% bonus on all categories for the first year.  Most definitely my new daily driver! 

|EQ 698|TU 674|EX 665| BK discharged 11/2012

[Amex PRG No PSL] [Cap 1 QS Visa Sig $50,000] [Barclaycard CashForward WMC $25,000] [Patelco CU MC $20,000] [BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $15,000] [Amex BCE $13,000] [Discover It Cashback $13,500] [US Bank Cash + Visa Sig $10,000][US Bank Platinum Visa $8,400] [Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa Sig $10,000] [USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex $15,000] [Citi AAdvantage WMC $5,000] [Macy's Amex $7,500] [JCP $6,500] [Amazon Prime $6,000] [Target $2,000]
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash + New Account Spend Bonus and APR Manual Change Success!

@skorpyo3 wrote:

Hi fellow Fico members. I'd like to share the great success I've had after approval of my Cash + Visa.

I was prequalified online on 11/12/17 for 3 cards. The offer was 15 months 0% APR on purchases & BT, $100 cash bonus on $500 spend within first 90 days, and APR of 16.99%. When I went to apply, the link was down.  I ended up applying cold without using the prequalification link, assuming terms would be the same. Approval was not instant and took about 4-5 days. I called UW for decision. CL $10,000, 0% APR was for 12 months on BT only not purchases, no cash bonus, and 19.99% APR. Obviously, I wasn't happy, so I mentioned my prequalification offer to UW, and was told they could not change approval terms. I thought I'd give a try with customer service, and was told the same, however one rep did advise me to go to my local branch, since I happened to screenshot my original offer. I followed his advice, and at the same time, opened up a free Gold checking acct(benefit for cardholders). I worked with the branch manager. I emailed the screenshot to him while in his office, and he submitted everything for reconsideration. He informed me that another customer encountered the same issue, and he was able to get them their original offer. After 2 weeks, I was finally approved for the original offer, as well as 1% lower on my APR...15.99%. US Bank really came through, and it's nice to see that humans actually can make changes! I highly recommend this card and bank. You can choose two 5%, and one 2%, plus 1% catergies on all other purchases, with .05% bonus on all categories for the first year.  Most definitely my new daily driver! 

Congratulations! And thanks for sharing your story! Do you have data points to share?

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 6
skorpyo3
Frequent Contributor

Thank you. Data points are in my sig.

|EQ 698|TU 674|EX 665| BK discharged 11/2012

[Amex PRG No PSL] [Cap 1 QS Visa Sig $50,000] [Barclaycard CashForward WMC $25,000] [Patelco CU MC $20,000] [BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $15,000] [Amex BCE $13,000] [Discover It Cashback $13,500] [US Bank Cash + Visa Sig $10,000][US Bank Platinum Visa $8,400] [Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa Sig $10,000] [USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex $15,000] [Citi AAdvantage WMC $5,000] [Macy's Amex $7,500] [JCP $6,500] [Amazon Prime $6,000] [Target $2,000]
Message 3 of 6
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@skorpyo3 wrote:

Thank you. Data points are in my sig.

Ok, thanks! 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love seeing banks helping their customers!! 

Thats awesome that they worked with you.

They could be like a few other banks and make you reapply for better terms...

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your nice SL with US Bank and getting the SUB!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.