Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash Plus Visa Electronics Store Category - B&H Photo

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank Cash Plus Visa Electronics Store Category - B&H Photo

Hi Guys, 

Just wondering if B&H Photo is categorized as an electronics store for the US Bank Cash Plus Visa? Also I can't find anywhere about it having price protection, if anyone could clarify on that? 

Thanks in advance guys! 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash Plus Visa Electronics Store Category - B&H Photo

Welcome to the forums!!

I can't answer your question, but I know there will be folks who will respond! Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My guess is that something with a 5732 merchant code would get the 5%.  You can use this link to get the location and what their merchant code is so it will take the guesswork out of it.

Visa Merchant Codes

Message 3 of 7
NRB525
Super Contributor

Depending on how much time you want to spend, the first step is to activate the category on your card. If that category is available, you can make a small purchase of something like a photo filter or camera bag. Let it post to your USB account, and download the transactions list to see how they code. On your next statement you will also have some indication whether it got the 5% or not.

If the purchase is only $500 it may not be worth that much effort. Just purchase and see whether it is 1% or 5%.

I do not think US Bank offers price protection.
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 4 of 7
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Guys, 

Just wondering if B&H Photo is categorized as an electronics store for the US Bank Cash Plus Visa? Also I can't find anywhere about it having price protection, if anyone could clarify on that? 

Thanks in advance guys! 

B&H isn't specifically listed on the U.S. Bank site, but that's only a partial listing anyway. 

It might give you an idea of the types of stores that do qualify, though:  https://cashplus.usbank.com/merchants/detail/4106?return=categories%2Findex%3FquarterId%3D48

The previous suggestions to use the Visa lookup tool and/or make a test purchase are really the only way to know, unless someone comes by who has purchased from B&H, of course. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

So did the purchase from B&H Photo through paypal with the US Bank Cash+ Visa and it has categorized them as Camera and Photographic Supply Stores. I don't know if this is one of the bundled merchant codes into the electronic stores spending category but we'll see. The nice thing about B&H is that there is no Sales Tax!

Message 6 of 7
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

So did the purchase from B&H Photo through paypal with the US Bank Cash+ Visa and it has categorized them as Camera and Photographic Supply Stores. I don't know if this is one of the bundled merchant codes into the electronic stores spending category but we'll see. The nice thing about B&H is that there is no Sales Tax!

Ohh... that might have changed things.

With using Paypal getting the extra rewards for bonus categories can be hit-or-miss; not only do you have to worry about the store using the right MCC, you also have to hope that Paypal will pass that info along to the bank correctly (in this case, U.S. Bank). 

I'm not saying it won't work out, just that it's added another moving part to the process.

I'll add that the last few years more people have been reporting that Paypal has gotten better about passing along the merchant info to the card issuer, so your chances are better now than they once were.  There's still a bit of YMMV, though.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.