Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash Plus

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

US Bank Cash Plus

I (and assume everyone else!) just got a letter for US Bank stating that their earlier communication was wrong and that at present, existing card holders do not have a $2K cap per quarter (although one will be implemented in "the coming months").  And they added $10 to the rewards balance (I had noticed that earlier).  This explains why some people heard different information from CSRs.  So good news for now for those who thought they were hitting the caps...

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash Plus

What?! So no caps? Smiley Very Happy

I haven't gotten any letter yet. This is very good news!

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 30
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:
What?! So no caps? Smiley Very Happy

I haven't gotten any letter yet. This is very good news!

+1

I was just thinking the same thing!

Message 3 of 30
enharu
Super Contributor

On the down side I diverted a lot of spending to my CSP and amazon visa because I thought I had already reached the cap! Oh well, not a huge loss I suppose.
I will keep a lookout for the letter or call CSR to confirm. Now, a CLI on the cash+ seems pretty useful!

EDIT: @longtimelurker, when did they add the $10 rewards? I just checked mine; nothing was added.

Just called USBank.......CSR doesn't seem to know at all. 

2nd EDIT: Talked to a supervisor. He said there's a 2k cap on the 5% categories (at least for me.......)

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 30
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Enharu, when did you get the card?  After June I'm sure there is a cap, but didn't you get it before?  I saw the $10 bonus last week, which was nice, as it pushed me above $100 so I could redeem and get the $25 card,

Message 5 of 30
enharu
Super Contributor

I got the card in April 2013. I will call again tonight just to confirm. I'm not spending much on this card for the time being since I have sign-up bonuses to meet, so it won't be till next month at the earliest before I hit the 2k in spending on the cash+ to do test charges.
Message 6 of 30
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Just bumping this, did others get the letter and the $10 bonus?  They also sent me another (physical) letter saying Happy Anniversary for your Cash Plus, which was just so meaningful to me (right, your computer can more or less keep track of joining date. Cool).

Message 7 of 30
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Just bumping this, did others get the letter and the $10 bonus?  They also sent me another (physical) letter saying Happy Anniversary for your Cash Plus, which was just so meaningful to me (right, your computer can more or less keep track of joining date. Cool).

I receieved two emails about the "anniversary", but I didn't get the card until late November of last year.

Message 8 of 30
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Not me so far, just got mine in July.

Message 9 of 30
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Not me so far, just got mine in July.

You might be out of luck as they instituted some changes around Jul 1, and if you got the card after that I think things like the caps were in force.  But who knows!

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.