cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash + Starting Line not shown online?

tag
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

US Bank Cash + Starting Line not shown online?

So I got my US Bank Cash + today, and it was so strange that all the documents came, and I couldn't find where my CL was. I logged card into the account, and still - nothing. All it shows is a (a dash) -- where available credit limit is supposed to be. I had to call underwriting and they said 4k.

I guess I'm just anxious or what, and was wondering if it'd ever show up online. I even put some spend on it today to see if it deducts from anything....nothing. It's just strange to have a credit card and register it and still not know available credit even after I put spend on it.

Is US Bank always like this? It's odd to receive a credit card, with documents, and none of it indicating my CL. I beginning to like the way Chase does things with cards way more. But we'll see what happens.

On a side note, I wish they sent the light blue Cash +. The dark blue one kinda hurts to look at. Smiley Very Happy It's still shiny!!

My Current Active Credit Cards
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: US Bank Cash + Starting Line not shown online?

I believe UsBank Visa Signatures (assuming that is the cash+ you got despite the CL of 4k) don't show CL's for whatever reason on UsBanks website.  The other non-signature card do.  Assume it might have to do with something with being a flexible spending account?

Message 2 of 8
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

I see. Yeah, it was the Cash + Visa Signature. I thought that Visa Signatures only come in 5k or more cards? So it suprised me when they said 4k. I would of figured 5k or more with Chase telling me that 5k is required for Visa Sigs.

Well, that's nice to know!

Thanks CC!!

Message 3 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@MoneyBurns wrote:

I see. Yeah, it was the Cash + Visa Signature. I thought that Visa Signatures only come in 5k or more cards? So it suprised me when they said 4k. I would of figured 5k or more with Chase telling me that 5k is required for Visa Sigs.

Well, that's nice to know!

Thanks CC!!

Most caes they are 5k... Us Bank Recently changed this to 1k+ for Visa signatures..Along with other banks following suit.  Most banks still stick with the 5k min, but it is slowly changing.

Message 4 of 8
ddemari
Super Contributor

Is this your first US Bank card? When I got my first visa approval from us bank, the credit limit portion had dashes for a few days and eventually updated with the credit limit. All of mine are platinum visa's so a limit did show up, interesting that it might not show up if your card is a signature. 

Message 5 of 8
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

@ddemari Yes, this is my first card with US Bank. No history of banking with them, or anything. I sorta wish I had this card when it was overpowered with the whole unlimited 5% cash back.... good things never last. Smiley Tongue (With Banks anyways)

If the CL shows, it shows I guess. Smiley Very Happy As long as I'm getting 5% back on my fastfood lunch breaks (I have short lunches) and 5% back on my cellphone they have me. X3

Message 6 of 8
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

My US Bank Cash + reports a limit on the account, but my FlexPerks does not. I have that same dash through the credit limit.

Message 7 of 8
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Yes, US Bank does not report limits on the flexible spending accounts (for example, Visa Siggy's).  Even so I wouldn't recommend using the flexible spend feature.  It may hurt your internal score to do so.  Not sure why that would be if you PIF, but it is one of the unwritten rules to stay under your credit limit.  US Bank will report the limit on yoru credit reports.  CK is one of the easiest ways to find out what your limit is.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.