cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature approval with 3k SL?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature approval with 3k SL?

I called the US Bank underwriter number to check the status of my application and it said that I was approved and that I would be given the card and all its details in the next 7 or so business days; however, I wanted to know which card I was given and the starting limit as I thought the general consensus around here was that if the limit was not 5k, you were given the Visa Cash Rewards. I talked to an underwriter and she said that I was approved for the Cash+ Visa Signature with a 3k starting limit. Can this actually be correct? I told her that I thought the limit had to be at least 5k to be a Visa Signature and if not, you were given the Cash Rewards card. In response, she took a second to check and then confirmed it was for sure the Cash+ Visa Signature and with a 3k limit. Has this ever happened to anyone before? Do you think it'll actually be a Cash Rewards card instead? I'm not sure if they just can't see which card you were given as she said there was no application on record or anything showing for the Cash Rewards. Any insight is welcome!

Also, sorry if this post actually belongs in the credit card application subforum. I wasn't sure as I was approved and wanted to know if there can actually be Visa Signature cards with a limit below 5k. Feel free to move it!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature approval with 3k SL?

A signature with 3k limit is totally possible, it is usually 5k but there are examples of 3k limits too on Signature.

I have a 3k limit on a World Mastercard myself wiich is kind of the same thing.  Unusual, but not unheard of.

Message 2 of 10
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

I've heard they done away with the minimum $5k tradeline as well as downselling to the Cash Rewards if you couldn't qualify for the Cash+, so you should indeed receive the Cash+ Smiley Happy

Congrats!

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Banks are realizing, why have a strict credit limit on things like Visa Sigs and WEMCs when they result in higher interchange fees? I have a Cash+ with 1000 SL, you'll get the Cash+ no worries. Enjoy!
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

A signature with 3k limit is totally possible, it is usually 5k but there are examples of 3k limits too on Signature.

I have a 3k limit on a World Mastercard myself wiich is kind of the same thing.  Unusual, but not unheard of.

Oh, sweet! Also, wait, is there normally (or thought to be) a hard limit on World Mastercard or World Elite Mastercard? I got a World Elite Mastercard with Citi (DC) with a 2.7 or 2.8k starting limit maybe ~6 months ago.

Thanks for the quick replies, guys!

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh, sweet! Also, wait, is there normally (or thought to be) a hard limit on World Mastercard or World Elite Mastercard? I got a World Elite Mastercard with Citi (DC) with a 2.7 or 2.8k starting limit.

Thanks for the quick replies, guys!

There is but again, banks are doing away with it. I also have a <5000 WEMC for the Double Cash. There are some reports on these forums that say we technically don't have ALL the benefits of the WEMC (dont' remember which specific ones though). Unless you use all the benefits regularly anyway, it doesn't even matter.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the Cash+ with a 500SL a few weeks ago

Message 7 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Yes US Bank recently a month or two back dropped the minimum from5k to 5k or 1k or something fairly low on their Visa Signatures cards.  Was posted by someone on this forum believe Fiesta whom works for Elan aka Us Bank

Message 8 of 10
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

Thanks for the plug CC Smiley Wink

You can read more here if you are interested in the details of the swap in Siggy rules:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/US-Bank-and-Visa-Signature-Changes-Effective-July-27th-...

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 9 of 10
minski
Established Contributor

meh Smiley Sad US Bank doesn't like me. They gave me the Platinum for a CL $1500. 

But then again, I don't use the benefits and my Freedom and Fidelity are Visa Sigs so it doesn't really matter much. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.