Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash + Visa Signature

tag
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash + Visa Signature

Like I mentioned before, I got a 3k auto CLI after 2 months. People on other boards have mentioned getting auto CLIs as well. 

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 11 of 118
xboxrunner
Regular Contributor

Very nice card. I would consider this one if I ever needed another CC.

Transunion - 820 (9/8/21)
Equifax Fico 8 - 832 (9/8/21)
Vantagescore - 821 (3/20/21)
Message 12 of 118
RonDawg
Contributor

lets get this going again XD

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 13 of 118
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

How is US Bank with CLIs tho?

$1500 CLi every 6 months soft pull. is what I been told, but that's assuming nothing's going bad

HP increase for more.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 14 of 118
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I think the Cash+ and the flexperks signature are both great cards.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 15 of 118
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

I've heard nothing but good feedback about this card. This and the Flex perks with chip are on my wish list for next year's app spree! Today I opended a secondary account at US Bank to start building a relationship. I was about a get the $100 bonus for opening an account!!!!

Message 16 of 118
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

I think the Cash+ and the flexperks signature are both great cards.

+ 1 - I use this card for bill pay only. I get to the $100 bonus every six weeks. Nice to get that $25 gift card too!  Smiley Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 17 of 118
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

I have nothing but good things to say about this card and highly recommend it, especially if you use the card in conjunction with a gold or platinum checking package with US Bank.  We had the gold checking package and just recently converted to the platinum package to earn the 50% bonus on the Cash+ Visa rewards.  So even on purchases that normally would just earn 1%, I'm earning 1.75% (if I include the $25 bonus for redeeming rewards in $100 increments - which I always do).

Of couse I'm using bill pay as one of my 5% categories and I am using department stores for my other 5% category.  I have grocery as my 2% category since I do most of my grocery shopping at Walmart or Target, and since those are considered discount stores by Amex, they don't qualify for the 3% on my BCE.

I was approved for this card on July 25th and received the card on August 2nd.  So I've had the card less than 3 months and I'm already about to cash in another $100 in rewards this week after my statement cuts tomorrow.  I love the ease in receiving my cash rewards as I can just choose to have the money deposited right into either my checking or my savings and it happens in mere seconds.  It does seem to take awhile to receive the $25 bonus Visa gift card, as I redeemed my first $100 at the end of September and still haven't received the $25 Visa gift card yet.  I'm thinking by the time Christmas rolls around, I'll have 3 of these Visa gift cards.  If they don't issue them with my name on them, I might give them as gifts.  Smiley Happy  Otherwise I'll just take them to US Bank and exchange them for cash to deposit into our account.

What I love most right now is that there are no limits on the amount of rewards you can earn and there are no spending requirements with this card (hope that never changes!).  I've had a Discover card since 1991 and while I do use it, I do not like the $1,500 cap on the 5% rewards spending.  I also don't like the requirement of spending $3,000 before you earn the full 1%.  Yes, Discover has 5% for department stores for this quarter, but why would I use it when I can get unlimited 5% rewards on department stores with my Cash+ card?  Plus, Visa is accepted in a lot more places than Discover is.

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 18 of 118
RonDawg
Contributor

@CribDuchess wrote:

I have nothing but good things to say about this card and highly recommend it, especially if you use the card in conjunction with a gold or platinum checking package with US Bank.  We had the gold checking package and just recently converted to the platinum package to earn the 50% bonus on the Cash+ Visa rewards.  So even on purchases that normally would just earn 1%, I'm earning 1.75% (if I include the $25 bonus for redeeming rewards in $100 increments - which I always do).

Of couse I'm using bill pay as one of my 5% categories and I am using department stores for my other 5% category.  I have grocery as my 2% category since I do most of my grocery shopping at Walmart or Target, and since those are considered discount stores by Amex, they don't qualify for the 3% on my BCE.

I was approved for this card on July 25th and received the card on August 2nd.  So I've had the card less than 3 months and I'm already about to cash in another $100 in rewards this week after my statement cuts tomorrow.  I love the ease in receiving my cash rewards as I can just choose to have the money deposited right into either my checking or my savings and it happens in mere seconds.  It does seem to take awhile to receive the $25 bonus Visa gift card, as I redeemed my first $100 at the end of September and still haven't received the $25 Visa gift card yet.  I'm thinking by the time Christmas rolls around, I'll have 3 of these Visa gift cards.  If they don't issue them with my name on them, I might give them as gifts.  Smiley Happy  Otherwise I'll just take them to US Bank and exchange them for cash to deposit into our account.

What I love most right now is that there are no limits on the amount of rewards you can earn and there are no spending requirements with this card (hope that never changes!).  I've had a Discover card since 1991 and while I do use it, I do not like the $1,500 cap on the 5% rewards spending.  I also don't like the requirement of spending $3,000 before you earn the full 1%.  Yes, Discover has 5% for department stores for this quarter, but why would I use it when I can get unlimited 5% rewards on department stores with my Cash+ card?  Plus, Visa is accepted in a lot more places than Discover is.

Honstly I think Bill Pay is the best 5% cat there is I don't think there is a card out there that offers this.  Discover is doing 2% till the end of the year on bill pay but of course its not 5%

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 19 of 118
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@RonDawg wrote:

Honstly I think Bill Pay is the best 5% cat there is I don't think there is a card out there that offers this.  Discover is doing 2% till the end of the year on bill pay but of course its not 5%

I agree 100%.  I mean, who doesn't have bills to pay?  This is one category that everyone benefits from.  I'm earning over $40 cash back per month just from the bill pay category.  You can even use it towards insurance payments.  I pay my State Farm insurance monthly with this card.  My son is going to get his driver's license next month and we will be adding him onto our insurance, so I know that bill is going to go up dramatically.  At least I can get 5% cash back - it eases the pain a bit.  Smiley Happy

I think there is a card from Barclay's that offers 2% for utility payments.  Not sure if that includes insurance like US Bank's does.  But it still isn't 5%.

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 20 of 118
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.