tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash + Visa Signature

@RonDawg wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@RonDawg wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

I want this card! I was so close to getting it.

Thats right, you got the Flex Perks Cash right?

I had college visa ($500), select rewards ($1000), flexperks sig ($5000....then apped for cash+, I said I would close college visa and select rewards with approval....They gave me cash rewards ($2500) and no change on other accounts....I line swapped all to college visa which is my oldest account...
I now have college visa ($4,000) flexperks sig ($5,000) and they won't make any changes for 6 months.

Wait I forget, did you ask them to recon?  worst comes to worst you can always ask them to upgrade you after 6 months.   Make sure you use that Flex perks cash card making some kind of purchases on it every month so the account shows activity.  The Flex cash card is nothing fancy but its not a bad card either.  I had it before they upgraded me to the Cash + card but I had that card for years as well and the cash + only came out this past June.

I tried recon. I pretty much was reconning before they even told me I was declined..haha...I had underwritings phone number saved in my phone even before I joined this forum.

I closed the cash card before I recieved it. That card is no use for me. I have other better cards.

I got this card right before cash+ came out:

https://www.usbank.com/credit-cards/flexperks-travel.html

It was my daily driver for 4 months and I ended up with 75k flexpoints.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 41 of 118
RonDawg
Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@RonDawg wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@RonDawg wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

I want this card! I was so close to getting it.

Thats right, you got the Flex Perks Cash right?

I had college visa ($500), select rewards ($1000), flexperks sig ($5000....then apped for cash+, I said I would close college visa and select rewards with approval....They gave me cash rewards ($2500) and no change on other accounts....I line swapped all to college visa which is my oldest account...
I now have college visa ($4,000) flexperks sig ($5,000) and they won't make any changes for 6 months.

Wait I forget, did you ask them to recon?  worst comes to worst you can always ask them to upgrade you after 6 months.   Make sure you use that Flex perks cash card making some kind of purchases on it every month so the account shows activity.  The Flex cash card is nothing fancy but its not a bad card either.  I had it before they upgraded me to the Cash + card but I had that card for years as well and the cash + only came out this past June.

I tried recon. I pretty much was reconning before they even told me I was declined..haha...I had underwritings phone number saved in my phone even before I joined this forum.

I closed the cash card before I recieved it. That card is no use for me. I have other better cards.

I got this card right before cash+ came out:

https://www.usbank.com/credit-cards/flexperks-travel.html

It was my daily driver for 4 months and I ended up with 75k flexpoints.

Did you know you can upgrade your Flex Perks Travel card to the Cash + card.  If that account has been around for a while year or more they may just swap the program.  They will swap almost any card but you have to ask the right questions.  Ask them, am I able to upgrade my account to say... a Cash + account. It can be done in seconds.   Make sure you ask them about redemption of points on your old card as well because they can give you credit for your points.   Been with US Bank for years.

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 42 of 118
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Did you know you can upgrade your Flex Perks Travel card to the Cash + card.  If that account has been around for a while year or more they may just swap the program.  They will swap almost any card but you have to ask the right questions.  Ask them, am I able to upgrade my account to say... a Cash + account. It can be done in seconds.   Make sure you ask them about redemption of points on your old card as well because they can give you credit for your points.   Been with US Bank for years.

Yeah, thanks but I don't want to PC, I want both cards. The rep was trying to PC me the whole time. I actually earn a pretty fair amount on the flexperks card. Comparable to the cash+, but it would be great to have both.

Yeah I have been with US Bank for awhile too. They were my first credit account a bit over a year ago now, they gave me the college visa with a $300 limit.

I have the platinum package, and get some pretty good perks with it...i like the bank

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 43 of 118
RonDawg
Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

Yeah, thanks but I don't want to PC, I want both cards. The rep was trying to PC me the whole time. I actually earn a pretty fair amount on the flexperks card. Comparable to the cash+, but it would be great to have both.

Yeah I have been with US Bank for awhile too. They were my first credit account a bit over a year ago now, they gave me the college visa with a $300 limit.

I have the platinum package, and get some pretty good perks with it...i like the bank

Yeah I was actually thinking of getting the Flex Perks travel card as well, Maybe when I step out of the garden. 

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
Message 44 of 118
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Yeah I was actually thinking of getting the Flex Perks travel card as well, Maybe when I step out of the garden. 

THIS IS ABOUT THE FLEXPERKS SIGNATURE CARD:

It's pretty good...No AF with $2k per month spend

each point is worth up to 2 cents which is awesome

$25 incidentals credit on reward travel

3x points on charitable donations...i think it applies to non-profits so it counts for more than just straight up donations, I have seen some bonus from it (6%)

Touchless Chip is awesome, don't even have to pull the card out of my wallet to use it...i just tap my wallet at checkouts

double points on cell phones (4%)

double points on highest spend of either gas, groc, or air (4%)

Message 45 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, this card is great. I will definitely apply for it when I am done gardening, 4 more months LOL.

I was just wondering would it be possible that they restrict the rewards? I am curious because, given that they are rotating then they can just eliminate certain categories. Well, anyway it seems that there is some heavy competition for a spot in my wallet this year... Smiley Wink

Message 46 of 118
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, this card is great. I will definitely apply for it when I am done gardening, 4 more months LOL.

I was just wondering would it be possible that they restrict the rewards? I am curious because, given that they are rotating then they can just eliminate certain categories. Well, anyway it seems that there is some heavy competition for a spot in my wallet this year... Smiley Wink

Sorry I got a little off topic...are you talking in regards to Cash+ or the flexperks that I was talking about in the post prior to yours?

But yes, anything is possible...they will try to balance customers with profit

Message 47 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dustink wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry I got a little off topic...are you talking in regards to Cash+ or the flexperks that I was talking about in the post prior to yours?

But yes, anything is possible...they will try to balance customers with profit

No problem, I was actually refering to Cash+. 

Message 48 of 118
Dustink
Valued Contributor

So yes, the categories may change over time.

Message 49 of 118
RonDawg
Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

So yes, the categories may change over time.

They may change however this last quarter and this quarter they did stay the same, just like Freedom and Discover you have to select your categories each quarter.

Message 50 of 118
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.