Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ advice

tag
MudkipsRKooL
Regular Contributor

US Bank Cash+ advice

Ok folks,

My next card is US Bank Cash+. I am curently 3/24, 0/12 with a FICO score of 770 across 3 CBs. I have 3 inquires with Transunion back in Feburary, which I know they will be pulling. I was already "preapproved" by my US Bank local agent as she opened my savings account two months ago, but I opted not to as I was gonna drop 1 more inquires last month. I will be 1 inquiry only by June 2020, but I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and apply 1 month early in May with 2 inquires. Anybody know if how they count inquires? Does rejecting or not getting a credit card still count as inquiry like Chase? Or getting a denail count as well?  Since US Bank won't combine personal and business credit as one hard pull, anybody know if asking for a PLOC will incure another HP? Or asking for a personal loan as well? 

Current score: 778ex | 774tu | 777eq
INQ status: 1/24, 1/12

Currrent Cards:

Future:
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: US Bank Cash+ advice

@MudkipsRKooL wrote:

Ok folks,

My next card is US Bank Cash+. I am curently 3/24, 0/12 with a FICO score of 770 across 3 CBs. I have 3 inquires with Transunion back in Feburary, which I know they will be pulling. I was already "preapproved" by my US Bank local agent as she opened my savings account two months ago, but I opted not to as I was gonna drop 1 more inquires last month. I will be 1 inquiry only by June 2020, but I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and apply 1 month early in May with 2 inquires. Anybody know if how they count inquires? Does rejecting or not getting a credit card still count as inquiry like Chase? Or getting a denail count as well?  Since US Bank won't combine personal and business credit as one hard pull, anybody know if asking for a PLOC will incure another HP? Or asking for a personal loan as well? 

I'm not sure I completely understand your question but...

An inquiry is an inquiry, and if it's on your CR, it "counts"

I'm not sure what you mean by "how they count them", but the answer is, if you have two, they count two. 

If your question is more along the lines of "how many inquiries would be a reason for denial" the answer is that's always profile specific, but with older inquiries and no new accounts, it should be fine 

As far as if being denied counts, yes. 

*Rejecting* card, it depends. Some have received offers where HP happens only after offer is accepted, but those offers are rare, so not sure if you will end up with HP before or after accepting the offer. It's best if you just accept HP will happen whenever asking for credit to be extended. 

There will be no HP combining.

Every product you apply with US Bank will end up being a separate pull. 

Message 2 of 3
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash+ advice

@Remedios wrote:

@MudkipsRKooL wrote:

Ok folks,

I'm not sure I completely understand your question but...

An inquiry is an inquiry, and if it's on your CR, it "counts"

I'm not sure what you mean by "how they count them", but the answer is, if you have two, they count two. 

If your question is more along the lines of "how many inquiries would be a reason for denial" the answer is that's always profile specific, but with older inquiries and no new accounts, it should be fine 

As far as if being denied counts, yes. 

*Rejecting* card, it depends. Some have received offers where HP happens only after offer is accepted, but those offers are rare, so not sure if you will end up with HP before or after accepting the offer. It's best if you just accept HP will happen whenever asking for credit to be extended. 

There will be no HP combining.

Every product you apply with US Bank will end up being a separate pull. 

What @Remedios said^^^

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.