Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ app

tag
flyingpenguin
New Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash+ app

@bs6054 wrote:

@flyingpenguin wrote:

Thank you! I didn't ask about APR. I'll post an update when I get the card. Smiley Happy

ETA: Does anyone know this? For the hotel and flight categories, the website says that they're only counted if you book with that hotel/airline directly. But what if you book through a third party agency but the charge on the card is the hotel/airline itself (e.g. United or whatever). Would that be included in the rewards? Or does it depend?

So excited to get my card!

I would guess it depends only on the MCC returned with the transaction (so 4511 for airlines, and looks like each major hotel chain has its own)

So if somehow that gets passed from the agency, you would be OK, but if it says say 4722 (Travel Agencies) you don't get the 5%.  Unfortunately, I would guess you get the agency code, unless somehow they get the airline to bill you and then the airlines pay the agency a commission.

Normally the advice for this sort of thing ("Does store X count as a Y?") is "Make a small purchase and see", because often the staff won't be able to tell you.  For airline tickets, not so easy to do a small trial purchase! 

Haha, yeah. That makes sense. I guess I'll see!

Message 11 of 21
RonDawg
Contributor

Congrats welcome to the cash back club Smiley Happy

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 12 of 21
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Fantastic!! and last time my mom apped for the platinum it came with the EXPERIAN FICO SCORE ITS PRETTY NEAT SINCE YOU CANT REALLY GET THE FICO FOR EX. LOOK FOR THE SCORE WHEN YOU RECIEVE CARD AND LETTER.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 13 of 21
BluMoon
New Contributor

All good things must come to an end.  I called a rep this morning to ask if the Experian score (that comes with premier banking) was a FICO score or not.  He told me he thought that it was.  I told him that I would be surprised to find out that it was a FICO.  He told me that he would check and got my name and number.  I'd also told him that I was planning to open a gold account and app for the Cash+ card within the next week.

He called later and told me that the Experian score is NOT a FICO.  He also told me that he had just come from a meeting and was told that US Bank was no longer accepting applications for the Cash+ card.  He said that it was TOO successful and they had to pull back.  Anyway, I went on-line and looked.  It appears that he was mistaken.  They are no longer accepting applications by phone or on-line.  However, they are still taking applications at the individual branches.  I live nowhere near a branch.  So close.Smiley Sad

Message 14 of 21
flyingpenguin
New Contributor

@BluMoon wrote:

All good things must come to an end.  I called a rep this morning to ask if the Experian score (that comes with premier banking) was a FICO score or not.  He told me he thought that it was.  I told him that I would be surprised to find out that it was a FICO.  He told me that he would check and got my name and number.  I'd also told him that I was planning to open a gold account and app for the Cash+ card within the next week.

He called later and told me that the Experian score is NOT a FICO.  He also told me that he had just come from a meeting and was told that US Bank was no longer accepting applications for the Cash+ card.  He said that it was TOO successful and they had to pull back.  Anyway, I went on-line and looked.  It appears that he was mistaken.  They are no longer accepting applications by phone or on-line.  However, they are still taking applications at the individual branches.  I live nowhere near a branch.  So close.Smiley Sad

Oh wow! I guess I applied in the nick of time. Sorry to hear that. Smiley Sad I hope they don't nerf the card too badly...

Message 15 of 21
flyingpenguin
New Contributor

Here's the promised update. :)   Got my card in the mail...

Here's the promised update. Smiley Happy

Got my card in the mail and it's soo pretty! Haha. Here's a picture I found online. It's a darker blue in real life though:

Confirmed the credit line of $11,000. It's already reporting the limit on CK too.

Also got my EX FICO score: 749 (11/25/12). The APR is 16.99% - not the lowest, but I never carry a balance anyway. 

Both my CK and CS FAKO's went up when I checked them yesterday. CK increased 10 points to 765 and CS increased 13 points to 786. I guess the lowered utilization balanced out the inquiry and then some. 

So happy! Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 21
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Re: Here's the promised update. :) Got my card in the mail...

Congrats again, enjoy your new Cash+ card!!! Smiley Very Happy I'm surprised they gave you a 16.99% APR since 13.99% APR is the lowest advertised APR for the Cash+. I wonder what is the minimum credit score required to qualify for the lowest APR. I would think a 749 EX FICO deserves the lowest APR. Smiley Indifferent

Message 17 of 21
bs6054
Valued Contributor

At the time I applied I had an average of 770 or so on TU/EQ, and got 14.99 rather than the lowest.

Message 18 of 21
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Very nice, Congrats! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 19 of 21
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

Awesome, Congrats!!!

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.