Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ downsell Cash Rewards

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: US Bank Cash+ downsell Cash Rewards

@zyzzus wrote:

Forgive me for not going through the thread its the end of my day.

I would REALLY like to have my card upgraded to the Cash+.  It is not beneficial to me at all in its current form.  I have called every few months to ask at the number on the back of my card and it is never an option.  Is there another option or should I ask to speak to someone other then front line CSR?  

Account has been open about 10 months.

As JonStur and AndySoCal stated above, the account has to meet the elegibility criteria for the PC upgrade.  However, the first order of things is to request a CLI (this will be HP) so as to meet the primary requirement since the Cash+ minimum CL is $5K.  Thereafter, they may review your spend patterns on the card (after approved for CLI) to determine the other criteria (hopefully you've been using the card often).  And, since you've got a couple months left into the year, I would try the CLI first, then in a few months attempt the PC.

Message 51 of 70
Danizzle
New Contributor

Forgive me for not reading through all the posts (tired and heading to bed!), but sounds like someone is trying to upgrade to Cahs+. I was able to upgrade my plain usbank Platinum to the Cash+ over the phone.

Some background: I had the account for about 4 months when I called with a $6,200 limit. The lady I spoke to checked the computer and said I was approved. I don't know if I was approved when I originally apped so they had it in the system or what.

All FICO scores as of 9.1.14: Exp 744, Eq 745, TU 764
Goal: 800+ across the board
Message 52 of 70
enharu
Super Contributor

@finstar, so it's always a HP for a CLI with US bank? Just asking out of curiosity. I don't need a CLI on my cash+ since they instituted a cap Smiley Sad
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 53 of 70
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@enharu wrote:
@FinStar, so it's always a HP for a CLI with US bank? Just asking out of curiosity. I don't need a CLI on my cash+ since they instituted a cap Smiley Sad

Yep!  I see you now have the Prestige,  How is that?

Message 54 of 70
enharu
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker, I just got approved yesterday so I don't know yet. They were supposed to expedite me the card, but for some reason it takes a couple days to generate an account number, which they will then express mail it. I went for it only because my banker said he can get the first year AF waived, so I figured why not. I will be pissed if they end up not waiving it, and as of right now I have no plans to renew the card before AF hits.

Maybe I will find some use for it later on, which may then make it more reasonable to pay for the AF. I still think the Amex Platinum might be a better deal though.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 55 of 70
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:
@FinStar, so it's always a HP for a CLI with US bank? Just asking out of curiosity. I don't need a CLI on my cash+ since they instituted a cap Smiley Sad

enharu - it's one of those 50/50 chances with US Bank.  It's either your are pre-approved for the CLI (sometimes the CSRs don't know) and results in SP and other times it ends up being HP.  There's just been several mixed results with them from what I've read and heard.  For the 1st CC I had with them they pretty much auto-CLI'ed and had no need to request one.  Since I just got the Cash+ in July, probably won't need a CLI for a while since the CL is decent, and as you mentioned the rewards/category cap is the only downside.

Message 56 of 70
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:
@longtimelurker, I just got approved yesterday so I don't know yet. They were supposed to expedite me the card, but for some reason it takes a couple days to generate an account number, which they will then express mail it. I went for it only because my banker said he can get the first year AF waived, so I figured why not. I will be pissed if they end up not waiving it, and as of right now I have no plans to renew the card before AF hits.

Maybe I will find some use for it later on, which may then make it more reasonable to pay for the AF. I still think the Amex Platinum might be a better deal though.

Congrats on your Citi Prestige addition enharu!  Robot Very Happy

Message 57 of 70
enharu
Super Contributor

Thanks! I probably will apply for the Merrill+ sometime this week as well. I will wait till April'14 for the Privileges. I will probably make a thread once I'm done with all my apps and CLI requests, rather than to make multiple threads.
Message 58 of 70
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:
Thanks! I probably will apply for the Merrill+ sometime this week as well. I will wait till April'14 for the Privileges. I will probably make a thread once I'm done with all my apps and CLI requests, rather than to make multiple threads.

Best of luck with the Merrill+ for sure.  I will be looking to see when you get it Robot Very Happy  I know that Lexie has this one on her radar as well (possibly during early 2014)? Not sure why she's not keen with the bull design...It's very ....ummm....brute!  LOL.  I'm gonna wait until next year for the opportunity and apply.

Message 59 of 70
enharu
Super Contributor

To be really honest the main reason I was attracted to this card in the first place is its design (and the branding....) Smiley Tongue

The 0 AF and 0 FTF makes it a nice card too. Overall I probably won't be using that card a lot. It will most likely be a backup card that I would use when I'm overseas. I figured it also might be a good idea to build some relationship with BofA. I dont any accounts with them at all.
Message 60 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.