cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ for someone with lowish income+thin file?

tag
xerostatus
Regular Contributor

US Bank Cash+ for someone with lowish income+thin file?

My GF recently got a pre-selected or pre-approved (w/e its called nowadays) mailed offer from US Bank for their Cash+ visa signature.

She has pretty good credit, score-wise (barclay TU is 740ish), current util is low (under 7% i think) but her file is fairly thin and short (aaoa prolly is less than 1 year), with 6 revolvers all obtained within the last year or so.

Also, as a student, she only has little income from a part-time.

Although, realistically, she basically shares half of my income, but dont know if claiming household income is kosher.

Considering its a visa signature, i presume minimum credit line is 5k.

And we definitely dont want her to waste a HP and get the useless "regular" cash rewards card.

I think i'm pretty sure the answer is dont app, but i wanted to consult the board.

Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash+ for someone with lowish income+thin file?

The regular cash is not worthless. If anything it will get you in the door and she can PC it later once income is up.

Also someone who made 2k a month with 1.7k expense is not having more money than college student with 1k a month with little or no expense.
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 2 of 4
xerostatus
Regular Contributor

@armbenderc wrote:
The regular cash is not worthless. If anything it will get you in the door and she can PC it later once income is up.

Also someone who made 2k a month with 1.7k expense is not having more money than college student with 1k a month with little or no expense.

yeah I understand the 2nd statement.. the doubt/worry is, i dont think either situation would get approved for a visa sig.

And maybe my dismissal of their regular cash rewards card was a little strong, i only said it because in her particular situation (already having cards like, freedom, discover, barclay, citi typ, etc) it would become redundant at best, and potential PC is iffy at best with most companies. Don't know how lenient USBank is with PC's but still..

Thanks for the feedback though, interested in hearing any other thoughts or experiences.

Maybe the better question would be to ask, "what is the average credit profile of someone who'd get approved for a USBank Cash+" which might be more pertinent.

Message 3 of 4
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

From what I have read minimum income to be considered for Cash+ is $30k

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.