cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+ (share my approval experience and what's my limit?)

tag
genz

US Bank Cash+ (share my approval experience and what's my limit?)

I was a US Bank checking customer for a year (a few days past a year when I received the pre-approval). I received a pre-approval letter on a Saturday, offering me $100 bonus after $500 spending for Cash+/Cash.

I applied online with the invitation. I applied and was approved for 3 Chase cards and Sallie Mae in the past 4 months. Before that I have 2 cards from other banks and a total of 2 year history. I always PIF. All of the recent HPs are on EX. US Bank HP is on TU.

I got the standard 3-7 business day message. I called immediately, and was asked to wait. After 3 business days, I called US bank and was informed that they are "not able to approve" my application by a computer. Given the new HPs and low average age, I didn't recon.

In addition, I noticed that I didn't really need the US Bank checking account. I almost never used it in the past year. I closed my checking the next day.

A few days later, I received the paper mail. It didn't say I was rejected. Instead, it instructed me to call them within 10 days to verify my identity. (The number given is a third-party verfication company. It's not actually US Bank. Many websites actually flag that number as identity fruad. Uh...)

It take another 2 days to approve my card.

MY QUESTION: Now that I've closed their checking and can't access online banking, what is my limit?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash+ (share my approval experience and what's my limit?)

@genz wrote:

I was a US Bank checking customer for a year (a few days past a year when I received the pre-approval). I received a pre-approval letter on a Saturday, offering me $100 bonus after $500 spending for Cash+/Cash.

I applied online with the invitation. I applied and was approved for 3 Chase cards and Sallie Mae in the past 4 months. Before that I have 2 cards from other banks and a total of 2 year history. I always PIF. All of the recent HPs are on EX. US Bank HP is on TU.

I got the standard 3-7 business day message. I called immediately, and was asked to wait. After 3 business days, I called US bank and was informed that they are "not able to approve" my application by a computer. Given the new HPs and low average age, I didn't recon.

In addition, I noticed that I didn't really need the US Bank checking account. I almost never used it in the past year. I closed my checking the next day.

A few days later, I received the paper mail. It didn't say I was rejected. Instead, it instructed me to call them within 10 days to verify my identity. (The number given is a third-party verfication company. It's not actually US Bank. Many websites actually flag that number as identity fruad. Uh...)

It take another 2 days to approve my card.

MY QUESTION: Now that I've closed their checking and can't access online banking, what is my limit?

Oh man, I don't have an answer for you, but I wish you the best. My app is in verification right now as well...so fingers crossed for both of us Smiley Happy

I don't even know what being in their verification dept. means...I was in Chase's security dept. once, I called and they could do it over the phone. I call USBank underwriting and I get an underwriter that says it's in verification and (so far) everything looks good. And that's where the conversation ends ?!?

I've concluded US Bank is a strange cookie.

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 2 of 3
genz

Re: US Bank Cash+ (share my approval experience and what's my limit?)

When they say "not able to approve", I never thought they were using it literally.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.