Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Cash+

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: US Bank Cash+

@crunching_numbers wrote:
Also, I live near a branch, so I will apply in the branch. Will I need to open an account?

AFAIK you do not need an account.

Good luck to you!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 23
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@vish1 wrote:

Are you in a state which has US Bank? I heard that they don't offer cash+ online/on phone

I called last year and asked a rep: He said the policy had changed.

The Cash + is a card I've wanted for years but really have no use for. I've plenty of cards and really want to close two in about two years.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 23
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Yes, now I know about the caps, this card has gone from A+ (last year) to maybe a B- at best.   It's fine if you have a lot of spend in two of the available 5% categories, so you can maximize the up to $400 cash back.  Then you still have the 2% category, but there are better cards for each of those usually.

But if you value UR points for example, the Freedom is going to be better (if you have spend in their rotating categories).  Of course, without an AF, if you are able to apply, and can take the HP, you can get it in addition to the alternatives.

But no longer a card worth moving to US Bank territory to get!

Message 13 of 23
enharu
Super Contributor

um, does this mean people who ALREADY have the card are now capped too? Or is this just for new applicants?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 14 of 23
Ron1
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:

um, does this mean people who ALREADY have the card are now capped too? Or is this just for new applicants?

I think it is for all of us. It is still no AF.

Ron.

Message 15 of 23
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I have to check the statements.  The reduction in the $25 bonus (once per year) was announced in my most recent statement, but haven't seen anything about the cap.

Message 16 of 23
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

This seems like "over-nerfing"!  It makes sense to cap (like BCP) or to remove abused categories, but doing both, and removing the bonus, seems excessive.

With the cap, the max exposure for bonus purchases is $400 a year, and keeping the bonus, that would be $500.   Yes, if they didn't change the bonus, there's the chance of people doing tons of 1 and 2% spend, but I would think that that is profitable for the bank.

So all I can think of is that they expect people won't even reach the $2000 per quarter in these categories, whereas with bill pay they would.   But not sure, with Amazon being part of bookstores, I would think most can!

Message 17 of 23
enharu
Super Contributor

Ok

I just got off the phone with US Bank.

For people whom have already applied, got approved, received their cards and have already selected their categories before May 1st 2013, it is still unlimited 5%.

For new applicants now or for customers who have yet to select their 5% categories, they will be limited to $2000 for 5%.

However starting July 1st 2013, everyone will fall under the new $2000 cap.

Damn it Smiley Sad I selected Electronics and Restaurants. Should have went with bookstores and electronics.

Guess I'll buy all my stuff from best buy for these 3 months. Gonna order 10 dyson vacuums and set them aside in advance as housewarming gifts lol.......

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 18 of 23
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 19 of 23
enharu
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Shaking my head!

bout the cap right? Smiley Tongue

meh still a good card for no AF I suppose.

I just wish the cap would have been higher, but beggars cant be choosers I guess.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.